lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2015, 05:47 PM   #1
ssmokey24
Getting Wild

Default dpi charger help

I just bought a Yamaha 48v cart installed brand new Trojan battery's cart runs great but the charger that came with cart does nothing no lights come on when plugged to outlet no buzzing no nothing it's a dpi charger is it safe to say the charger is toast?
ssmokey24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2015, 06:32 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: dpi charger help

DPI chargers are my favorite. Very simple. Check that full battery voltage is at the female charger receptical. Check AC power also. I have seen DC wires connections in the male connector melt, unscrew the handle halves and check that. Let us know what you find.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 06:36 PM   #3
ssmokey24
Getting Wild

I'll have to get A volt meter before I left the golf cart shop they tested all the battery's and they were all 8.3 volts when the charger is plugged into wall socket should there be at least a standby light on charger?
Old 09-22-2015, 06:46 PM   #4
cre73
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Have you hooked the charger to the cart yet? Plug it into the wall then the cart. Then hopefully one of the green lights will flash for a while then start charging.
cre73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 06:48 PM   #5
ssmokey24
Getting Wild

I did plug it in to cart and no lights came on or flashed
Old 09-22-2015, 06:57 PM   #6
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

You must have AC power and at least 45 volt battery voltage for the charger to even know it's plugged into a car. May be as simple as a bad relay. I'm going to wait for your volt meter tests.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 06:58 PM   #7
ssmokey24
Getting Wild

Got volt meter getting 50.3 volts at female charger receptical
Old 09-23-2015, 09:44 AM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

If its the charger, call DPI, they are good to deal with. Usually the only failure ia the control board in the charger, much cheaper than a whole new one. Dont buy a board for that OEM dpi charger off the internet, its different than the common board (custom spec for yamaha). That charger is uncommon, its capable of 36 & 48v.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha