lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2016, 06:08 PM   #11
crackers450
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: (0 Marathon conversion

the linkage under the pot was bent out of shape I must have picked up a stick somewhere, removed the plate gentle pushed it back into shape and replaced it so that's all free, will test the ohms today and check the led
crackers450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-28-2016, 06:39 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackers450 View Post
the linkage under the pot was bent out of shape I must have picked up a stick somewhere, removed the plate gentle pushed it back into shape and replaced it so that's all free, will test the ohms today and check the led
Pot should be close to 0-5000 It could be 200 to 4600 and yield 100% performance. Simply disconnect the small wires at controller #2&3 and plug your meter leads into the wire ends for a test.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 08:10 PM   #13
crackers450
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

OK ScottyB did that my multimeter is old but set at 200K it gives me a reading of 5.8.
The LED on the controller starts at green beyond half throttle goes continuous flashing red, and the wheels stop spinning, back off to half and they spin again how do I fix this?

Cheers
Laurie
Old 01-28-2016, 09:33 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It is flashing a red light code.

How many times is it flashing?

And what model Alltrax do you have?
Old 01-29-2016, 05:05 PM   #15
crackers450
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

ScottyB the controller is an Alltrax AXE 500amp, I can't work out whats going on, this morning I went to the shed removed the seat and jacked the cart up Battery pack 38.2v, turned the key and selected forward to watch & count the LED, GREEN accelerate slowly LED goes out flash yellow then as I accelerated the LED turned solid orange and didn't cut out, switched the cart off left it for 30 mins, switched it back on and did the same again, runs perfectly ( happy), the only thing I did to it yesterday was ohm test the blue & brown wires from the pot and I got a reading of 5.8 at 200K, connected the wires back up tried to run it and I got a green LED at start up and a continuous flashing red LED and the motor stopped working, I blew all the crap (sand) from the top of the batteries and anywhere else I could see with the compressor and tucked it up for the night, now I'm wondering if it could be moisture around the controller, it's been wet for a couple of weeks and I don't have a cover over any of the electrics, does anyone know where I can obtain a reasonably priced cover for the electrics
Cheers
Laurie
Old 01-29-2016, 06:55 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It's likely you have (or had)water in the potentiometer. This causes havoc in the signal evidenced by the blip of yellow and then orange in mid range. Get the wife's hairdryer and blow the unit out good, should fix it up if I'm right. Likely the flashing red is 1 blink repeated which is a throttle signal fault.
Nothing seriously wrong - just go around the lake next time
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AXE LED staus codes.jpg (48.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-30-2016, 02:55 PM   #17
crackers450
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

started the day (Saturday) fine and warm 12pm , I taped a large piece of rubber matting over the electrics, then put the storm cover over the whole cart, the cart never missed a beat for 18 holes, around 3pm we had a violent electrical storm, but the cart didn't stop so it must have been some water in the pot as you said, I will have to find a project box type of thing to cover the electrics, thank you for all your support
Cheers
Laurie
Old 01-30-2016, 03:07 PM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It sounds like you know what the trouble is, keep dry and enjoy
Old 10-18-2020, 11:54 PM   #19
crackers450
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Hi All,
I'm back again with another problem, the cart has run faultlessly since my last post, but 2 weeks ago it stop working, Alltrax 500amp with Scotty's conversion, if I leave the cart for a while it will work but stops for no reason and won't start again until left, the led on top of the amp flashes green at start then goes full green when pedal is flat out, but no go, what tests can I run to check all including the motor
Old 06-16-2022, 01:13 AM   #20
crackers450
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

yes scotty now it turns orange

Tags
scottyb conversion kit
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO