lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2016, 09:52 PM   #11
INWO
Getting Wild
Tomberlin

Default Re: Bouncy tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by klanel View Post
I was going to ask the same question. I rechecked the front end. Jacked up and spun tires. Looks like vertically there is 1/4" deflection on one side and closer to 1/2 on the other. Rotating and measuring space to floor it my be 1/4 out of round.

Did tighten one spindle to get a little play out and lowered tire pressure to 18 lbs. Says max is 20 and some were 22.

Haven't tried it on the road. Guessing it may be cheap tires? Have steeling tires and wheels.

PS I've had it up to 28.5 ( if Gps is accurate) going downhill. But bounciness at half of that.
I have steeling all terrain 23" on 14s. They jump up and down. Feels like they leave the ground at 25mph.
Some Carlisle 24 X 14 turf will be in tomorrow. I'll see if that helps.
INWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2016, 11:24 PM   #12
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Smile Re: Bouncy tires

One other thought that just came into my mind...if you are using spacers to position the wheel for clearance sometime the spacer can get bent and that becomes the issue...one of my neighbor was having a tire wear issue and everyone thought it was alignment but one of the front wheel spacers was bent and had to be replaced...further questioning revealed a run in with a curb not long ago.
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 02:09 PM   #13
Austin4130
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Mine bounces when it's at 80% throttle, sort of like it hits a sweet spot in the tires and you can really feel it. At full throttle it barely noticeable.
Austin4130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 11:29 AM   #14
Ryan4t4
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

The first time I lifted a cart it about threw me out and I couldn't keep it on the cart path it was so "bouncy." Lower the tire pressure from 30 psi to 8 psi and it drove like a Cadillac.

Bought some cheap tires on Craigslist for my father-in-law's cart and they definitely had a hard spot and lowering the air pressure on those also helped tremendously.

Just a thought and a free, easy fix...
Ryan4t4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 01:34 PM   #15
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by klanel View Post
I was going to ask the same question. I rechecked the front end. Jacked up and spun tires. Looks like vertically there is 1/4" deflection on one side and closer to 1/2 on the other. Rotating and measuring space to floor it my be 1/4 out of round.

Did tighten one spindle to get a little play out and lowered tire pressure to 18 lbs. Says max is 20 and some were 22.

Haven't tried it on the road. Guessing it may be cheap tires? Have steeling tires and wheels.

PS I've had it up to 28.5 ( if Gps is accurate) going downhill. But bounciness at half of that.
The pressure is too high. Not sure what tire you have but try like 7-10 psi.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 07:37 PM   #16
klanel
Gone Wild
Club Car

Tires are called trak gard. They are 23", have street turf thread and rated 1340 lbs @ 20psi. Still say it's ok to go that low on the pressure? On a car it would be unacceptable but not that familiar with cart norms. I do think dropping just the 2lbs helped some.
klanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 07:54 PM   #17
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Typical pressure for cart tires is 20 - 22 PSI. I run mine at 22 and they run silky smooth.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 08:34 PM   #18
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Adjust tire pressure to get even wear. Depends on weight of vehicle. My airplane weighted 1450 lbs loaded. Tire pressure was 16 lbs. it only had two tires on front. Solid wheel on back.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 01:03 PM   #19
klanel
Gone Wild
Club Car

Steeleng offered discounted price for replacement but I had tire shop check and two were out of round. Put these on rear and much improved. Since I don't know if replacements would be any better I'll live with what I have.
klanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car