lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2016, 09:59 PM   #11
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Water levels

Some guys love them, some guys hate them. Keep us updated on what you think of it.

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2016, 06:53 AM   #12
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

[QUOTE=skipsmith521;1302225]Well I ordered a Plews water filler today. Should be here on Friday.

Going to give that a try...hope it was not a waste of money.

Skip

My experience: Had two of them. First one didn't work very well. Second one works pretty good. For best results, when inserting into the cell get it as flat(level) as possible and push in firmly. A mixed bag I think. Trust but VERIFY. Squeeze bulb and flashlight is still the safest way to avoid over filling I think.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 08:27 AM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Adding to what kernal said, park cart so the batteries as level as possible and then keep the spout as vertical as possible while filling them.

The way the thing works is that the water in it won't pour out unless air can come in the spout, so when the electrolyte level covers the spout's bottom opening, blocking air from entering, the water stops flowing. Or at least that is the theory.

If there is an air leak above the bottom of the spout, water will not stop flowing, so be sure to tighten the spout assembly good after refilling the bottle.

------------
If it is filling too high for you taste, extend the length of the spout with thin walled plastic tubing (shrink tubing might work). Be sure to make an airtight seal on the spout. Also make sure the bottom of the extension is level when spout is vertical and there isn't any jagged edges.

-------
FWIW: I don't trust the system completely and pull the spout out of the battery the moment I hear the bubbling sounds change or stop.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO