lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-09-2019, 05:24 PM   #61
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

Default Re: Plowman's still make limited slip differentials?

Well, I did a little searching and found out the difference in the rear ends. It seems like the rear ends housings are all the same, just the carrier inside the housing (that's what has the spider gears and what the pinion gear bolts to) is different. The one that can accept a posi is bigger.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...rear-axle.html
So from what I'm getting out of this thread is that if you want a plowman's posi, you need to find a bigger carrier from a later model cart.
70oldsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-09-2019, 05:24 PM   #62
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Yes. Nothing to write home about in snow either.
What tires are you using?
Old 01-09-2019, 06:15 PM   #63
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Went from mud lites which were great but wore uneven something terrible to AMS Vtrax on the rear. I probably lost a bit of extreme mud traction, but for the other 95% of the time they bite great. They make very audible music on the road but roll smooth.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 07:12 PM   #64
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

I used to have a set of Dirt devils on my 2 wheel drive Kawasaki Bayou 300, which seemed to work well, but all of my other atv's are 4 wheel drive. Once I actually start using my cart, I'm sure I'll be making changes.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:22 PM   #65
Doubles Shooter
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

DaveTM has the right idea. My tires have a similar tread to yours. They turned into slicks both front and rear in mud. I know you said mud isn't much of a concern, but as dundeebarnbuggy said, the performance in snow over 6" is dismal at best. Next season my cart will defiantly be wearing tractor cleats similar to Dave's and skinny front tires with a straight rib pattern (if I can find such a thing)to help turning.
Doubles Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 08:56 PM   #66
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubles Shooter View Post
DaveTM has the right idea. My tires have a similar tread to yours. They turned into slicks both front and rear in mud. I know you said mud isn't much of a concern, but as dundeebarnbuggy said, the performance in snow over 6" is dismal at best. Next season my cart will defiantly be wearing tractor cleats similar to Dave's and skinny front tires with a straight rib pattern (if I can find such a thing)to help turning.
Should be a awesome setup! Almost the same thing I did but I couldn't find a bar tread tire designed right, [proper overlap], so as not to vibrate and wear like he#$ on the road.. [did a thread called Radial rubbers.]
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 10:17 PM   #67
R.Boyd
Getting Wild

I put a set of ag tires similar to yours on mine and I was amazed at how well that thing will go in the mud. I don't have limited slip and it will hardly spin a tire. The only time I've gotten stuck was when I went into a freshly disked right of way and sunk up to the floor. One thing I will say though is that they ride rough in certain conditions. They are actually pretty smooth on asphalt but sometimes when the ground is kinda firm it shakes badly. Really wet and really dry and hard they are smooth. Kinda hard to explain. But for mud, they can't be beat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
These are what I run on my rear tires. These work in mud.

R.Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 09:29 AM   #68
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

These tires have held up well for me in the mud, soft ground and the little snow we get here occasionally in NC. Haven't been stuck yet and I've had them for well over 10 years.

Tires.jpg
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO