lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2017, 10:01 PM   #1
cmac4045
Not Yet Wild

Default 1990 marathon carberator trouble

Hi I am trying to find out how to properly set the float on my cart. It is a new carb and float was way off. I have it closer now but would mike to know if I have it close to factory spec.
cmac4045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2017, 07:00 AM   #2
kyerik
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1990 marathon carberator trouble

I don't have a factory manual, but I typically set doughnut shaped floats so that the float tang begins to put pressure on the needle when the float is parallel to the part that the bowl pushes up against. Many needles have a spring loaded end- so you have to take that into consideration.
kyerik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 06:50 PM   #3
cmac4045
Not Yet Wild

Ok i did find crack in float. Not happy as this is a new carb never thought there would be one. my other concern is see alto guys saying needlr should have a rubber on it. Is this true for all needles. if i push float up and blow into fuel tube it does seal but thats not on cart with fuel. Maybe i am supposed to maybe rubber? Any help is appreciated.
cmac4045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 08:04 PM   #4
kyerik
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I also have a 1990 marathon. The original carb had a a metal needle (no rubber) and I just installed a new carb- it also has a metal needle (no rubber). I have seen a few motorcycles and other small engines with rubber tipped needles but the majority of needles I have seen have been solid metal. I imagine the rubber ones seal a little better even if there is a little dirt on the sealing surface (as long as the rubber is still in good shape), but I think metal ones work fine too as long as there is no dirt stuck in the seat. Both carbs do have a spring loaded needle- which I think it good for vehicles that bounce around.
kyerik is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO