lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2017, 09:02 AM   #11
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: 95 DS quit

Sounds like motor to me
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2017, 09:53 PM   #12
cjpenny89
Gone Wild

Yellow wire removed from contoller 0 vdc up 6.5vdc
Pack voltage 51.25 vdc
B+ to negative 50.99 vdc, B+ pedal down in fwd 50.24 tires spinning (on jack stands)
M- to B- 50.44 vdc, pedal down 2.7 vdc
M- un-hooked from controller to B+ 0.5 ohms

I have not had it quit since I have brought it home from campground. Do I need to drive it until it quits and then take readings again?
Thanks
cjpenny89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 05:59 AM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Those readings look good, You will have to wait until/IF it fails again to troubleshoot.

I would have to agree that perhaps the batteries had not been properly charged when the last failure occurred.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 06:17 AM   #14
cjpenny89
Gone Wild

Sergio
I do know that they have a newer Charger and the OBC by-passed. I know they only charge it once a weekend maybe or only when their "meter" is low. I told them the batteries love to be charged every night but no one at that campground wants to believe me some go weeks with out charging and are always wondering why they have to buy batteries!

Sergio should I get their Charger and charge it and run the heck out of it? and see what happens?
Old 06-12-2017, 06:29 AM   #15
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

They really should charge the batteries after they run the cart, and it also helps having a regular voltmeter so You can notice if the voltage is dropping more than usual during load times.

It would not hurt running the cart and charging it completely a few times.

If a battery is borderline it may start failing once you put a load on it after riding for a while.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:48 AM   #16
cjpenny89
Gone Wild

When they drove it for a while Friday it would act up and then it quit for them Saturday night. I went and got my trailer and pushed it on the trailer then when I got home Sunday morning I was able to drive it off the trailer and drive it around, would batteries act like that? Keep in mind no charging or anything happened just put it on my trailer and hauled it home.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:39 AM   #17
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

It would have been nice to get voltage readings then...

Batteries can definitely behave like that, once most of the active material available for chemical reaction has been used near the plate surface, the battery will almost shutdown.

If You leave the cart OFF for a while, the chemical reaction will slowly equalize the remaining elements and you may get a higher voltage and be able to generate electrical energy again.

You can see that process if You have a voltmeter and place a sudden load on your batteries, the voltage will drop quickly and slowly return to where it was.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:49 AM   #18
cjpenny89
Gone Wild

when I picked it up I checked voltage with my meter first thing I checked and it was maybe an hour to and hour and half after it died. it was either 50.24 vdc or 51.24vdc. I am leaning on 50.24 vdc but I know it was above 50 volts and was thinking the batteries were ok at that time. When I picked it up I had to push it on the trailer because all it would do was engage the rear wheels you could feel the motor engage once then nothing. if you shut the key off and turn it back on again then put the pedal down it would engage the wheels but would not go. turn key off and on you could repeat it. this is with the voltage above 50 volts.
then the next day after hauling it home it drove off the trailer.
Chad
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car