lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2017, 11:48 AM   #1
bmstew313
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Question Ran cart out of oil, low fuel delivery,

I'm working on a gas club car, 2002, with the Kawasaki FE290 engine. An employee on the course left the dipstick tube out and ran the cart out of oil. It now makes a weird winding noise while at throttle. The boss filled it with oil and brought it to the shop, which it made it back ok. I cleaned the engine bay preparing to diagnose the problem, and now I have extremely low fuel delivery.

Could damage have occurred in the lower half of the engine and now creates low enough pressure that it doesn't pulse the fuel pump enough? I'm only getting a trickle out of the fuel line at the carburetor. I cleaned fuel pump, replaced all lines and filters, cleaned carburetor, replaced spark plug, and made sure crankcase tube to fuel pump was clear. I feel a little pulsation on tube from crankcase, but I'm not sure if it's enough.

Also, the first thing I checked after it stopped running for me was spark. I'm getting spark with the plug laying on the head, but hooking up my spark tester, I'm not getting spark while the plug is screwed into the head. (Yes, I did test the light just hooking the light up to the coil end and touching the head) I thought that I saw somewhere in the threads that you can sometimes have spark while out, but under compression, low or none.

Please Help, need to get this thing up and running ASAP!
bmstew313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car