lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2017, 03:46 PM   #1
martialmedia
Not Yet Wild

Default Navitas controller any good?

I have a 2014 EZGO TXT 48v PDS Cart that I want to take up to 400 Amps.

Is the Navitas 420-Amp controller good?

Do I need to replace the dash F/R switch?

Thanks for your input.
martialmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2017, 04:41 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Navitas controller any good?

Not much help here, but never used navitas. It might not be a helpful answer, but it's an answer. In your case, I have always used an Alltrax. Worked well, and has many more options now than it did last time I did one. Check out ScottyBs site for info and a deal on their newest thing WWW.CARTSUNLIMITED.NET . Alltrax has great support around the web for the fine tuning, and ScottyBs support as a seller can't be beat (who else will answer your questions on the weekend?). Try to find that with a Navitas....
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:00 AM   #3
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Not much help here, but never used navitas. It might not be a helpful answer, but it's an answer. In your case, I have always used an Alltrax. Worked well, and has many more options now than it did last time I did one. Check out ScottyBs site for info and a deal on their newest thing WWW.CARTSUNLIMITED.NET . Alltrax has great support around the web for the fine tuning, and ScottyBs support as a seller can't be beat (who else will answer your questions on the weekend?). Try to find that with a Navitas....
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:09 AM   #4
Noneck
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

On my first build i used an alltrax 48500. I spent the entire weekend troubleshooting it with the help of Scottyb. On Monday alltrax confirmed that my new controller was bad. They made me purchase a new one before they would ship it, which I was not happy about. I felt they shlukd have overnighted a replacement at their expense with a return shipping label. Once installed though I was happy with it and extremely happy with Scottyb' s support. When time came for my second build, I chose a Navitas controller due to Alltrax poor response to my problems. After my install including the on the fly controller, my cart would not run. I spent the weekend trying to get it straightened out and finally learned thst the on the fly controller was bad. The company sent a replacement with a return label without any questions. The new OTF replacement was DOA as well. At that point I removed it all and went back to the stock controller. 2 months later I am still waiting for them to credit my PayPal account. If i were to do it again, I'd use an alltrax from Scottyb.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk
Noneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 08:25 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Thanks for your honest review.
Generally speaking in mass produced electronics there will be a less than 0.5% failure rate. It's not common but it happens. I have been an Alltrax dealer for 10 years in that time I have seen a company that goes above and beyond any customer service in any product.
A majority of their product is installed by do-it-yourselfers who have never worked on DC electronics before and frankly have no clue where + and - is on their cart. Installer caused problems are 10 times more common than manufacture problems.
Alltrax keeps 2 extremely qualified and helpful technicians on the phone M-F to aid in sorting out your install. They will replace defective units for up to 2 years after the sale. Nobody else does this... And nobody else makes a unit with reverse polarity protection with higher peak and sustained outputs than anybody else.
10 reasons you should consider Alltrax for your next controller here > http://www.cartsunlimited.net/about-...ntrollers.html
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 10:42 AM   #6
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I've installed around 20 controllers in the last 2-3 years, all Alltrax except a couple being regen 1 & 2 club cars that I couldn't find an Alltrax replacement for. I've only had one failure. Scottyb and Alltrax' s customer support was awesome. I'm an Alltrax fan all the way, and they are usually cheaper than Navatis anyway.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 04:46 PM   #7
martialmedia
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info!! Looks like I need to get with ScottyB!
martialmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 06:11 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by martialmedia View Post
Thanks for the info!! Looks like I need to get with ScottyB!
Giterdone
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO