lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2017, 10:36 PM   #1
DaSalty1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Solenoid clicks then clicks cart doesn't move

Hello, Newbie here.....after many hours of wiring and rewiring i am hopeful that I am just overlooking something simple.
I have a 98 Ezgo TXT Standard (DCS) 36v with newer batteries. Cart was running perfect, decided to upgrade.....Ordered XCT500DCS, 500a XCT & 400a solenoid, flex mount, & Premium 2g cable set from scottyb, also added a 7th battery so its not a 42V setup. Scottyb reduced the controller for the stock motor. I am getting an error on the controller, when I turn it on I get the 4 blinks then solid green, all OK, tap the accelerator, solenoid clicks wheels do not move, controller error 1 green 1 red and the solenoid clicks again, if pedal is continuously pushed solenoid keeps clicking on and off. There is a .5v differential between the large solenoid posts, 44.3 and 43.8 and neg pack battery post, which equalizes, both 44.3 when pedal is pressed and solenoid clicks. Between small posts 0v then registers pack voltage 44.3 when pedal pressed and solenoid clicked until it clicks again. I have traced wires and verified based on schematic as well as retightened all connections. Also, 0 ohms between lg posts on solenoid, only thing I found that didn't exactly match up was: when testing small terminals on solenoid, i get +44.3V between both terminals a Neg batt terminal with cart on on fwd, when pedal is pressed terminal with yellow wire stays at 44.3V and terminal with blue wire goes to 0V
Solenoid lg terminal cable next to yellow wire is connected to +battery with fuse, other terminal connected to B+on controller
I also included photo(green wire on small solenoid terminal is the blue wire had to extend wire)
Thanks in advance Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9089.jpg (192.9 KB, 0 views)
DaSalty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2017, 08:04 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Solenoid clicks then clicks cart doesn't move

Controller LED status light Blink Code 1 grn 1 red is Short circuit on the output which you probably already read in the operators manual.
Check all 4 motor connections at both ends and where they wrap tightly around the Angle iron of the battery box, looking for miss routed or shorted out cables or wires.

Make sure none of the small solenoid wires are not touching any part of the large post silver base... It's something simple like that.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 11:51 PM   #3
DaSalty1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Scotty.......yep super simple, i just overlooked....A1 cable lug on the bottom of motor was barely touching F2 terminal at the heat shrink and must have melted thru and made contact! Now doing 24MPH with windscreen up! WoooooHoooo!
DaSalty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 01:23 PM   #4
Fabdaddy
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

congrats on getting your cart going. Im waiting breathlessly for my new motor from scottyb so I can test all the new componants i just got to upgrade my 93 freedom. cant stand the waiting. Controller, solenoid and 4g cables all hooked up and triple checked. 4 more connections and off we go..........I hope
Fabdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO