lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2022, 07:07 PM   #51
Dcorey79
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 91 G9 sputters and dies - stumped!

I am going to do this to my '93 G9 in the morning. I think my harness is good everything ran fine till last week. Will I need to unplug anything or can I leave OEM harness fully intact and just wire in the Chrysler stuff?
Dcorey79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-14-2023, 09:40 PM   #52
HanSolo
Not Yet Wild

Hey CP241.
Thanks for all the work on this.
I've got a '91 Yamaha G9 and I'm having similar problems. Two things- 1) the ballast resistor link you put a few pages back for O'Reilly is dead. Do you happen to have another link so I can get the right ballast resistor?

Also- any chance you may have 5 minutes to talk on the phone? I've been following your posts and you know your ****! I wanna fix this cart but wanna make it right. I've already re-built the motor and now I can't get the thing to run right at all- keeps leaving me stranded! :( Wanted to do this ignition mod, get a new Mikuni carb, and maybe an electric fuel pump.

Just had a few questions and wanted some expert advice. Thanks in advance!!
HanSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 12:22 PM   #53
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSolo View Post
Hey CP241.
Thanks for all the work on this.
I've got a '91 Yamaha G9 and I'm having similar problems. Two things- 1) the ballast resistor link you put a few pages back for O'Reilly is dead. Do you happen to have another link so I can get the right ballast resistor?

Also- any chance you may have 5 minutes to talk on the phone? I've been following your posts and you know your ****! I wanna fix this cart but wanna make it right. I've already re-built the motor and now I can't get the thing to run right at all- keeps leaving me stranded! :( Wanted to do this ignition mod, get a new Mikuni carb, and maybe an electric fuel pump.

Just had a few questions and wanted some expert advice. Thanks in advance!!
Really, your best bet would be to start a new thread with exactly what is happening and what you’re experiencing. Are you certain you’re losing spark? I wouldn’t call the HEI a “mod” but more of a cheap fix for a cheap cart. OEM ignitor is better but the HEI does work and I never had any problems with mine. But my harness was destroyed, original ignitor was in pieces and $20 to make a $300 cart run was better than $300 to make a $300 cart run at the time. I just never changed it because it always worked.

I’d start a new thread and we can help figure out what’s really going on before chopping your stock harness and replacing stuff we don’t really know is bad.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 01:49 PM   #54
HanSolo
Not Yet Wild

That's a great idea. Thank you. I'll try to get some pictures up and write it all up in the next few days and create a new post.

Should I just put it in the Yamaha gas section?

I haven't used this forum much as I'm a new user. Is there a way for me to 'tag' you in my new post so that I make sure you see it? I'd like to have you weigh in on the problems as I've been reading your posts and I can see you know your **** and I like the way you think/ problem solve? Thanks in advance!
HanSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 04:31 PM   #55
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Just start a new thread here in the Yamaha gas station. I (and other helpful folks) will see it.

Appreciate the kind words, diagnostics is “kinda what I do” for a living

My side hustle is selling my body for M&M’s but I won’t get too deep into that here
Old 02-17-2023, 06:46 AM   #56
sbett
Not Yet Wild

This has nothing to do with spark, but, a clogged fuel tank vent has stumped me more than once on gas engines.
Runs fine till vacuum builds, then rests. restarts, vacuum builds up again.
First thing I thought of when I started reading
sbett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 05:37 PM   #57
nolanb
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Was digging into my issues and came across this thread. Links are bad. Can someone confirm the following are proper components?

Ballast resistor: https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/c...tor/std0/ru12/

Ignitor: https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/c...le/mpi0/27037/
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_0128.jpeg (200.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_0126.jpeg (288.8 KB, 0 views)
nolanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 07:46 PM   #58
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanb View Post
Was digging into my issues and came across this thread. Links are bad. Can someone confirm the following are proper components?

Ballast resistor: https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/c...tor/std0/ru12/

Ignitor: https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/c...le/mpi0/27037/
Those will work just fine
Old 03-29-2024, 11:54 AM   #59
breannadikes
Not Yet Wild

I know this is a long shot but I am trying to find the ballast resister listed in this post and the link is no longer any good, does anyone have a good link for that part?
Nevermind I found it! Thank you.
breannadikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 09:08 PM   #60
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by breannadikes View Post
I know this is a long shot but I am trying to find the ballast resister listed in this post and the link is no longer any good, does anyone have a good link for that part?
Nevermind I found it! Thank you.
The one I linked is what I used but really it was just a cheap ballast resistor. No different than any other. Any of them should work
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha