lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2018, 10:18 AM   #1
Doubles Shooter
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default DVM/rotary switch ?

I'm getting parts together for my soon to arrive 2013 txt. I have plans to install a rotary switch so I can monitor each battery and pack voltage like others have done. My question for those members is, how did you attach the wires to the batteries? 5/16" ring terminals for 22ga wire are common as unicorns. Did you just trim, solder, and heat shrink larger gauge terminals, or connect in some other manner? Thanks.
Doubles Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2018, 11:05 AM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: DVM/rotary switch ?

I have a rotary switch connected to each of eight batties, the pack, and my 12 volt accessory battery. My 12 mil spec switch has 12 positions, with an adjustable stop, so I eliminated the positions that weren't used. I think I used AWG 16, since I had a roll laying around. I bought the switch for another project, but never used it. Each wire goes to a fuse block, then to the switch. You only need one wire per battery, with the exception of the end two batteries.

I use an Alltrax Exray to monitor voltage. If I recall, my switch goes from off, pack, battery 1, 2, etc. and my 12 volt accessory battery. The attacked sketch, which I should have prettied up in Visio years ago, doesn't show the 12 volt battery.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0787.jpg (240.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2365.jpg (182.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg switch.jpg (118.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2344.jpg (173.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2337.jpg (77.6 KB, 0 views)
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 11:08 AM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubles Shooter View Post
5/16" ring terminals for 22ga wire are common as unicorns. Did you just trim, solder, and heat shrink larger gauge terminals, or connect in some other manner? Thanks.
I used AWG 16, since I already had it, and ring terminals.
Old 06-08-2018, 05:15 AM   #4
Doubles Shooter
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yurtle, Thanks for your reply. I know all this isn't really needed, but I like to tinker with things. If I could find a way to punch the holes, I'd probably build a panel with 8 of Scotty's DVM's just because. However your method is easier and cheaper. Time to pick up some 16 ga. wire. The cart should be here within a week.
Doubles Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 06:30 AM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I wouldn't have done it if I didn't already have all of the parts except the ring terminals.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO