lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2018, 02:07 PM   #1
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Charger problem

Hi. I haven't been here for awhile. My 36v Ezgo cart has been working great for a long time. I send it to the spa every year for maintenance. I also send the charger. That was just done about 3 months ago.

Recently, when I would plug the charger into the cart, it wouldn't engage. I am using a very long heavy duty extension cord from the cart to an exterior GFCI outlet. It has never tripped. It's on the same breaker as another GFCI which I use for my water garden pumps. I've tested the GFCI outlet used for the cart, and it checks out good. I changed the location of where I plug the extension cord in and then plugged in the charger to the cart. But it turns on, then off, on, then off. I live out in the country and keep the cart in a ShelterLogic shed......where there are lots of bugs. I thought I saw an old hornet nest and poked on it and it dropped. Then I wasn't sure how to take the charger apart to remove it. So........here's my questions:
Could that possible nest be shorting something out in the charger?

I don't think it's a problem with the extension cord, or the GFCI would be tripping.

Could it be that one or more of the batteries are low on fluid?

Or does it sound like a failing charger?

I'm not real mechanical, so please talk to me in simple terms. I'm an
old lady.
Silverstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2018, 07:20 PM   #2
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Charger problem

Quote:
Could it be that one or more of the batteries are low on fluid?
If you got to ask, you better check the water levels. Don't overfill the batteries if low. Do you have a voltmeter?
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 07:52 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Charger problem

Sounds like you have one of the QE powerwise chargers (with all the fine on one side). That is what I call "click of death", clicks on and off and on forever. There are no service parts for working on those chargers. There places that do repair them. I wouldn't put any money into repairing those, they have proven to be very unreliable. Check out the chargers offered by ScottyB (www.cartsunlimited.net)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO