lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2018, 03:18 PM   #11
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Still not working

Have you checked the fwd/rev switch operation through the wiring to the controller J1?
J1 pins 1 and 2 for reverse and pins 1 and 3 for fwd.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2018, 03:21 PM   #12
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck2400 View Post
Still having problems, I installed a new controller (haven't got the Alltrax yet) , but got a deal on a rebuilt Curtis, so I changed it, and it's doing the same thing--- reverse but no forward, switched the 2 wires in controller and it runs in forward but no reverse, the only part I haven't changed is the reverse buzzer, would that cause the problem ???---/ thanks
No I don't think so. Does the reverse buzzer work when in reverse?

Last edited by radioman; 07-07-2018 at 03:25 PM.. Reason: added no
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 08:37 PM   #13
Canuck2400
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes--- it goes off in reverse and neutral--- I've changed the controller, solenoid, reverse/forward rocker switch, wiring harness, and the ignition switch. Right now I have the F1 and F2 wires reversed so I can still use it, I will order a new reverse buzzer on Monday, then everything is new --- not sure what else to try ---- thanks for your response--- it's appreciated
Canuck2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 08:40 PM   #14
Canuck2400
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I'll check the wires in the morning, but as stated, everything is new---- it's the second controller I've put on in 2 weeks --- getting kind of expensive -- oh well it's nice to have it around ---- thanks again
Old 07-11-2018, 03:33 PM   #15
Canuck2400
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I just wrote a big explanation of my cart and hit a wrong button and lost it, so if this shows up somewhere else , sorry. I've changed everything on the cart, I just took off the F1 and F2 wires and checked them--- they are good--- is there any chance it could be something in the motor --- if I switch the F1 and F2 wires on the controller, I get either forward or reverse --- everything is new including the controller--- not sure what else to try ---- thanks for your help so far
Old 07-12-2018, 07:28 AM   #16
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I just wrote a big explanation of my cart and hit a wrong button and lost it, so if this shows up somewhere else , sorry. I've changed everything on the cart, I just took off the F1 and F2 wires and checked them--- they are good--- is there any chance it could be something in the motor --- if I switch the F1 and F2 wires on the controller, I get either forward or reverse --- everything is new including the controller--- not sure what else to try ---- thanks for your help so far
If the motor changes direction when you switch f1&f2, I think you can rule out the motor. You said you replaced the controller with a rebuilt controller. There is a good chance the rebuilt could be bad out of the box. Seen that more than once. Like radioman said, check to make sure the power from the FNR is getting to the controller to tell the controller to switch directions. Even though the switch may check good, there could be a bad wire somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:34 AM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Yes--- it goes off in reverse and neutral--- I've changed the controller, solenoid, reverse/forward rocker switch, wiring harness, and the ignition switch. Right now I have the F1 and F2 wires reversed so I can still use it, I will order a new reverse buzzer on Monday, then everything is new --- not sure what else to try ---- thanks for your response--- it's appreciated
The controller controls the beeper and as long as the Run/Tow switch is in the Run position it will sound any time the cart moves. (Walkaway Safety feature)

Does the beeper put out a continuous tone in neutral like it does in reverse, or is it a rapid set of beeps?

IF it is continuous, something is amiss, but if it is rapid beeping, it may be normal.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:18 PM   #18
Canuck2400
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

It beeps continuously in neutral and reverse , if I switch the f1and f2 on the controller it beeps continuously in neutral and forward
Old 07-12-2018, 08:22 PM   #19
Canuck2400
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

It did the same thing with a brand new controller --- what would the equivalent alltrax controller be to replace the Curtis 1206mx -- the cart is an 07 Txt pds 36v
Old 07-12-2018, 09:22 PM   #20
Mason13
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Check out Cartsunlimited, they will have what ever you need.
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/alltrax-xct-sepex--.html
Mason13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO