lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2018, 03:34 PM   #1
pres91
Not Yet Wild

Default hello everyone!

New guy here from Pinehurst NC. Been lurking on the forums for a while tho while I was looking to purchase my first cart. Ended up settling with a lifted 2013 EZGO 48v. cart has 23" tires on 14" rims. carbon fiber dash with radio and also the flip down rear seat.

So like everyone else I am looking for some help with figuring out what I need to do for speed/torque. Mainly wanting help with the hills and how it slows down. Speed now on flat ground is around 19mph. But when I hit a hill it slows way down! Batteries are brand new Trojans.

Thanks in advance!
pres91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-04-2018, 03:43 PM   #2
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: hello everyone!

welcome to the addiction
Swan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 03:53 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Motor, controller, cables, solenoid. Check out ScottyB's place for best prices. www.cartsunlimited.net
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 04:01 PM   #4
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Motor, controller, cables, solenoid. Check out ScottyB's place for best prices. www.cartsunlimited.et
i'd do motor first and stuff ... leave controller for last ( there maybe a place with better deals {just saying} !!! )

great motors !!!
https://www.plumquick.com/

pres91 ... Welcome to BGW

Last edited by crash test dummy; 07-04-2018 at 04:07 PM.. Reason: welcome
Old 07-04-2018, 05:09 PM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 05:12 PM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Congrats on the new ride and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives’, husbands, girlfriend’s and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 05:16 PM   #7
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pres91 View Post
New guy here from Pinehurst NC. Been lurking on the forums for a while tho while I was looking to purchase my first cart. Ended up settling with a lifted 2013 EZGO 48v. cart has 23" tires on 14" rims. carbon fiber dash with radio and also the flip down rear seat.

So like everyone else I am looking for some help with figuring out what I need to do for speed/torque. Mainly wanting help with the hills and how it slows down. Speed now on flat ground is around 19mph. But when I hit a hill it slows way down! Batteries are brand new Trojans.

Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the forum, and the addiction!

The 23" tires is the culprit for the torque loss for climbing hills. Check out www.cartsunlimited.net for upgrade options. You'll need more current, and for that you're gonna need a much better solenoid and cables to pass the current.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 05:18 PM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

All newer 48v txt are sepex carts.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 05:25 PM   #9
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
All newer 48v txt are sepex carts.
Edited... got him mixed up with another new guy post. LOL
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 08:43 PM   #10
pres91
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for all the replies! I will be checking out cartsunlimited.com. Also once I figure out how to post pics I will lol
pres91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO