lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-31-2018, 07:40 AM   #1
R3dkni9ht
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Robin 295 4 cycle Cam cover stripped

Hey everyone,

One of my 4 bolt holes for the cam cover is stripped out. I can thread a bolt in and it just snugs a little then gets loose again. It doesn't tighten enough because oil leaks from that one corner while running.

One of my ideas that I wanted to run by everyone was putting some locktight on the bolt and snug it so it stays in and then running some high temp Permatex silicone around the cam cover. Would that work?

Thank you in advance for any help!
R3dkni9ht is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-31-2018, 10:35 AM   #2
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: Robin 295 4 cycle Cam cover stripped

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dkni9ht View Post
Hey everyone,

One of my 4 bolt holes for the cam cover is stripped out. I can thread a bolt in and it just snugs a little then gets loose again. It doesn't tighten enough because oil leaks from that one corner while running.

One of my ideas that I wanted to run by everyone was putting some locktight on the bolt and snug it so it stays in and then running some high temp Permatex silicone around the cam cover. Would that work?

Thank you in advance for any help!
didn't know there was oil under the timing cover.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 11:29 AM   #3
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

I think he is talking about the camshaft cover that bolts to head. Located on fan side of engine ?? If that is the case then
try a 1/4 USS ( course thread ) tap. The aluminum is soft and you should be able to do this without drilling anything. Those are 6mm threads which is equal to 0.2362 inches. 1/4 inch is 0.250. Thats what I would try if it were me anyway. I might use blue loctite and be gentle when I tighten it back. Put some gasket sealer on it and the oil leak should be gone.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 05:49 AM   #4
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
I think he is talking about the camshaft cover that bolts to head.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO