lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2019, 10:07 AM   #1
Joatmony2k
Getting Wild

Default 2010 RXV Good or Bad

I have seen several post that RXV good and some says bad. I have located several stock RXV I think a little on the high side but I think I can get them down. Before I do this I would like some opinion on them are they good or bad.

Should I get a few and build them to sell or stay away from them?
Joatmony2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2019, 10:40 AM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2010 RXV Good or Bad

Best to find 2012+ with Curtis controllers in them. That way they can be programmed to go faster then just Freedom mode 19.5mph. 22-25mph is possible with a all stock cart with a reprogrammed Curtis controller.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 10:43 AM   #3
Buggieman18
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joatmony2k View Post
I have seen several post that RXV good and some says bad. I have located several stock RXV I think a little on the high side but I think I can get them down. Before I do this I would like some opinion on them are they good or bad.

Mine works great. It is not for the tinkerer.
Buggieman18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 03:35 PM   #4
Newbuggyboy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:

Mine cart is beautiful. I was warned about possible corrosion in the wiring harness, and a non Curtis controller. You will probably encounter an issue(s) with any cart.

1st define your needs.
Sounds like you want to flip the cart. The majority here are speed and Curtis controller people. My guess is that is the same in the buying community. Here in Florida there are many large communities where people drive their carts around the streets and some double them playing golf. These carts range from flashy customs, to his and her names on the hood. Who is your target?

Understand your profit margin
Another thing here in Florida is it seems like everyone and their brother sells golf carts. It's competitive. I got my 2five for a outstanding price.

Be prepared for alternative outcomes
What will you do with it if it doesn't sell? Rent them? Many apartment communities use golf carts to show the properties. And their maintenance crew uses them. Ask if one is in the market and what will they be willing to pay.

Ultimately you should
Enjoy the journey.
Newbuggyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 08:06 PM   #5
Joatmony2k
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbuggyboy View Post
Mine cart is beautiful. I was warned about possible corrosion in the wiring harness, and a non Curtis controller. You will probably encounter an issue(s) with any cart.

1st define your needs.
Sounds like you want to flip the cart. The majority here are speed and Curtis controller people. My guess is that is the same in the buying community. Here in Florida there are many large communities where people drive their carts around the streets and some double them playing golf. These carts range from flashy customs, to his and her names on the hood. Who is your target?

Understand your profit margin
Another thing here in Florida is it seems like everyone and their brother sells golf carts. It's competitive. I got my 2five for a outstanding price.

Be prepared for alternative outcomes
What will you do with it if it doesn't sell? Rent them? Many apartment communities use golf carts to show the properties. And their maintenance crew uses them. Ask if one is in the market and what will they be willing to pay.

Ultimately you should
Enjoy the journey.

Thanks for your input I’m in south Mississippi and I buy and fix them up and sell them to who ever has green paper.

I have people asking me all the time for a cart but they are hard to find at a price you can fix them and resell. I like building them to someone’s likings with there own taste.

I also repair others cart for them on my spare time with. Is not much time lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-30-2019, 08:15 PM   #6
Joatmony2k
Getting Wild

Well let me ask this question will a cart with a charger and batteries that works but will need to be change out soon. Asking price is 1k but I think I can get them down from that price some. Will that be worth getting a few? Could I sell then with new batteries and all clean up for 2K?

Old 07-31-2019, 01:28 AM   #7
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Well let me ask this question will a cart with a charger and batteries that works but will need to be change out soon. Asking price is 1k but I think I can get them down from that price some. Will that be worth getting a few? Could I sell then with new batteries and all clean up for 2K?

I do the same thing as you, except in Alabama. Like the poster above said, I ALWAYS try to get RXV 2012.5 and newer with Curtis Controllers. Having a very hard time finding those right now at a reasonable price (under $2k for 12 or more).

That said, if I could get older running RXV's under $1k, I would definitely buy some and speculate on them. I think $2k clean with new batteries is doable, but not sure that would leave you enough margin to make it worthwhile.

If I am going to customize and build a high end cartn ($5k+) , I only use 2013 and newer
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 07:47 AM   #8
Joatmony2k
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordpi View Post
I do the same thing as you, except in Alabama. Like the poster above said, I ALWAYS try to get RXV 2012.5 and newer with Curtis Controllers. Having a very hard time finding those right now at a reasonable price (under $2k for 12 or more).

That said, if I could get older running RXV's under $1k, I would definitely buy some and speculate on them. I think $2k clean with new batteries is doable, but not sure that would leave you enough margin to make it worthwhile.

If I am going to customize and build a high end cartn ($5k+) , I only use 2013 and newer
Thanks Rockfordpi for this input I think I will stay away from them and take good advice and look for the newer models.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO