lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-26-2019, 11:53 AM   #1
kofifi
Getting Wild

Default Alltrax SR Install

I need help I have two black wires coming from harness I have one connected to J5. Where does the other black wire go to?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191026_101300.jpg (193.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20191026_100700.jpg (131.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20191026_101307.jpg (192.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20191026_101332.jpg (172.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20191026_101236.jpg (208.6 KB, 0 views)
kofifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-26-2019, 12:22 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax SR Install

The one with the small ring terminal on it supplies B- to the reverse beeper and originally was connected to the solenoid's small terminal along with the black wire that is now attached to the black spade lug in J1.

Put a larger ring terminal on the black wire and connect it to the SR's B- terminal.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 02:02 PM   #3
kofifi
Getting Wild

Thank You will give it a go when I get back in town
Old 10-27-2019, 07:04 AM   #4
kofifi
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
The one with the small ring terminal on it supplies B- to the reverse beeper and originally was connected to the solenoid's small terminal along with the black wire that is now attached to the black spade lug in J1.

Put a larger ring terminal on the black wire and connect it to the SR's B- terminal.
JohnneB you were 100% right. Off course nothing works correct.

I got everything wired up and nothing no clicking on solenoid. (Purchased a mzj-400a and wired that when I installed the alltrax sr) So I replaced the solenoid with my old solenoid and still nothing. I jumped the posts on the positive side of the solenoid and the alltrax controller turned green and moved forward and backward with posts jumped. I then put the new solenoid in and was able to mimic it.

So far I have checked the reed switch which has been bypassed and has continuity on all wires and 38V on the red wire.

I checked the ignition key and with it on the off position I get 0V on the blue wire and 38 on the green. with the ignition in the on position I get 38V on both the green and blue wire.

I get 38V on the F&R Switch closest to battery.
38V on the B+ & B-

What else do I need to check? Any help will be appreciated.
(Ideally I would want to get it running before I go out of town so kids can use it to trick or treat in neighborhood)
Old 10-27-2019, 12:57 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sounds like it is not getting (+) from the pedal box when the pedal is depressed ( key on & in gear). I see a black mark on the solenoid which could indicate a short may have occurred. If yes, the pedal box micro switch may be fried. This is a fairly common result
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 01:16 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Here is a schematic of a SR in a TXT series drive with the solenoid activation circuit highlighted, which also powers up the controller.

If you mean you jumpered the solenoid's battery side large terminal to the solenoid's small terminal with to red wire on it, when you say "I jumped the posts on the positive side of the solenoid", then, as Scotty suggests, you probably have a bad pedal switch, or at least an open between the keyswitch output and the solenoid coil.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SR in TXT - KSI highlighted.jpg (252.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-27-2019, 02:55 PM   #7
kofifi
Getting Wild

Thanks- man it has been a hell of a day went to remove the negative wire and put the ratchet in my mouth the- dropped my ratchet on my positive and negative post and melted the battery terminal. GRRRR (Looks like I will be purchasing a couple new batteries) May sit tight and if I get it up and running just biting the bullet and going to lithium.

https://mygolfbuggy.com/maintenance/...r%20Manual.pdf

I did pull up the above manual and tracked it to a faulty pedal switch like you both said You both really know your stuff- Any recomendations for a micro swith? also I want to get a new Positive and negative cable to go over the MZJ 400a with the larger terminal I would prefer not to purchase all the wires when I just need those two cables- I drilled the holes larger on my old set and am a little uneasy about it.

Thanks Gents!!
Old 10-27-2019, 04:01 PM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

For the pedal switch: Google "25861G01" and take your pick.

I bored out the holes in the ring terminals on my 2Ga cables when I installed a MZJ400 back in 2012 and haven't had and issue with them.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO