lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2020, 02:51 PM   #1
Portdawg
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2006 EZGO TXT PDS just stopped

hey all, Happy Mother's day to all the moms out there.

2006 ezgo, AT4800 controller/180 solenoid, lifted. Wife and kids were taking a ride. Went about 200 yards right out of garage, stopped at stop sign, and cart would not go. The battery level indicator went out too. Reverse horn would not sound. The ignition has Off, On, and Light positions. The lights are working when I put the ignition all the way to lights. I checked all the batteries and they are all at 6.1 or 6.2 volts.

Could the ignition have gone bad in the middle of the ride?
Portdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2020, 03:25 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2006 EZGO TXT PDS just stopped

Please verify Make/Model of controller. I've never heard of an AT4800.

The keyswitch contacts that control the lights and other 12V accessories are electrically independent to the keyswitch contacts that control the full battery pack voltage functions.

Starting point is check the voltage on J1 Pins 4 & 5.

The attached drawing show the voltage pathjs through a stock PDS controller and you apparently have an aftermarket one, but if it uses the PDS cart's stock wiring harness, the paths will be similar.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Voltage paths through PDS controller.jpg (138.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 03:59 PM   #3
Portdawg
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Johnnieb, I have the alltrax 48400 controller without the fan. 2 gauge wires as well. What should the voltage be?
Old 05-10-2020, 08:04 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I suspect you have an Alltrax XCT48400-PDS controller and six 6V batteries.
Correct me if I am wrong.

The individual battery voltage are from 6.1V to 6.2V, so the 36V battery pack voltage is from 36.6V up to 37.2V, which means the batteries are from slightly below 60% up to a little over 70% charged. Fully charged is 38.2V.

Whatever you measure between the battery pack's main negative and main positive terminals, is the battery pack voltage that should be seen on J1 Pins 4 & 5

The voltage source for J1 Pin-4 is the reed switch located in the cart's charge receptacle. The reed switch is a high failure item, and the most likely suspect.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 08:48 PM   #5
Portdawg
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

39D5BA4D-F916-4EFD-9611-492145EE2753.jpgAll batteries were at or 6.1/6.2. Battery pack was 37.something. I did pull off the charging cover to see if connections were good. The reed switch does not have a fuse like the attach google pic, just the end connections like the pic. Guess I better order one. Will start with that and see what happens.

Last edited by Portdawg; 05-10-2020 at 08:55 PM.. Reason: Forgot pic
Old 05-10-2020, 09:03 PM   #6
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Johnnieb will get back with you and get you straightened out but wait for him before you order that. I haven’t seen that version before and most people bypass the reed switch, since they’re high failure items that are only there to keep you from driving away with the cart plugged in.

Also, refrain from posting things from that site. They’re not a site sponsor for this forum.

I think johnnie wanted you to check if you have pack voltage on the referenced pin. I’d do that, unless you’re already sure your reed switch is faulty.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 05:56 AM   #7
Portdawg
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Copy Orangeman, just tying to explain/show what was and was not on the charging connector. Frustrating to have no clue how to fix. Will definitely wait for johnnieb. Thanks for advice.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:06 AM   #8
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Question Re: 2006 EZGO TXT PDS just stopped

Take the little red wire and hook it straight to the main battery pack + post and see if it moves. If so just leave it hooked up like that. As JB stated it's a know problem.

Have you checked anything with volt meter to see if it's getting voltage to anything?
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 08:23 AM   #9
Portdawg
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Andy. Will give it a try when I get home. Yes I have checked voltage, for what my limited electronic knowledge can handle.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:55 AM   #10
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: 2006 EZGO TXT PDS just stopped

Your about 2 hrs away from me in Garden City SC. If you want to bring it up I'd be happy to take a look at it. I assume this is your controller. I have the software and can check it out for you and set it up also.

If the batteries where low on charge and the settings are set to high in the setup it want run. It's worth a look see.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alltrax PDS controller.jpg (58.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Alltrax PDS controller2.jpg (67.7 KB, 0 views)
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO