lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2020, 01:09 PM   #1
herbieyg8
Not Yet Wild

Default Loud muffler 2006 precedent

My 2006 precedent is getting loud. I can’t find any holes in the pipes or muffler. New muffler is close to $300. Can I add a small muffler to the tailpipe without damaging the motor? Or should I not try this at all.

Thanks.
herbieyg8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-09-2020, 07:53 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Loud muffler 2006 precedent

Couple things. First make sure the nuts on the header flange where the pipe bolts to the engine haven't loosened up.

The heat shield has several spot welds that hold it on the header pipe, and the spot welds rust out under the shield and cause leaks that are not obvious. They can often be repaired by a competent welder.

Worst case, the noise is not the muffler. The FE350 likes to chew up the balance link rods and it can make a heck of a racket when the bearing on the outer rod goes bad. This will be very evident if you drain the oil and find a lot (I mean a LOT) of glitter in the oil.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car