lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2020, 06:28 PM   #1
VEXING
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Kelley Blue Book for Golf Carts

Probably a stupid question, but wondering if anyone knows if something like this exists to get an idea of what your resale value could potentially be.
VEXING is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-11-2020, 06:33 PM   #2
VEXING
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Kelley Blue Book for Golf Carts

Don't want to sell. Just curious.
Old 11-11-2020, 06:57 PM   #3
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

never heard of such a thing in my 15 or so years messing with carts. I look at selling prices in my area and compare them to what I have and start there.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 07:37 PM   #4
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Values on carts can vary wildly depending on the location. For instance: around my shop in northern Indiana a gas cart will usually sell for $1000 more than a similar electric cart. Around here the driving distance is a factor 15 - 20 miles on an electric cart's charge vs a couple hundred miles on a 5 gallon tank of gas. On the other hand in Florida electric carts carry a price premium because many locales don't allow gas carts at all due to noise and pollution concerns. Some saltwater areas place more value on the aluminum framed Club Cars than the more rust prone steel framed EZGO and Yamaha carts. No one pricing structure would fit all areas.

Last edited by meimk; 11-11-2020 at 07:38 PM.. Reason: typos
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 08:28 PM   #5
VEXING
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Makes sense. Thanks for the feedback. Was just curious because I’ve been glancing at carts for sale in my area and the going rate (for any dealer or private seller that has anything to sell) is almost double, if not more than what I paid (same or similar features). Granted, I know we’re in the midst of COVID where boats, golf carts, etc. are in high demand.
Old 11-11-2020, 10:13 PM   #6
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEXING View Post
Makes sense. Thanks for the feedback. Was just curious because I’ve been glancing at carts for sale in my area and the going rate (for any dealer or private seller that has anything to sell) is almost double, if not more than what I paid (same or similar features). Granted, I know we’re in the midst of COVID where boats, golf carts, etc. are in high demand.
When did you buy your cart?

It has been this way for months now, and even with the weather getting cooler in most places it seems prices are staying much higher than they were 8 or so months ago.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 11:48 PM   #7
VEXING
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Bought it June. I got lucky (I guess) because I've been keeping an eye on the market since and there hasn't seemed to be much (if anything) out there. Dealers around here are completely depleted with used inventory.
Old 11-12-2020, 08:52 AM   #8
HogKiller
Gone Wild

It’s called “Craigslist.”
HogKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 09:02 PM   #9
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Aside from the state that influences price.
This year anything outdoor related, campers,boats,mountain bikes ect. Has climbed in value because of Codiv.
Lot of first time buyers out there driving price’s up on outdoor related recreation items.
Sellers market right now
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 12:59 PM   #10
VEXING
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Craigslist is a fraud. Every response I received from an inquiry into a golf cart was from a woman whose husband just passed away four months ago and was getting ready to depart the country on active military duty. Even had one offer to ship me the cart on a military transport plane.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO