lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2020, 08:53 AM   #1
bkjwalker
Not Yet Wild

Default cart no go

hey all. new member. new to carts. just picked up 97 club car ds 48v. it is a project. got it for $300. guy i bought it from said it needs batteries and it wont charge. he owned it for 5 years, it only got used once a year when the grandkids were visiting and hasnt been used in 2 years. the cart does absolutely nothing. doesnt move, no reverse buzzer, no solenoid click. charger doesnt hum and ammeter needle doesnt move. i plan on pulling the batteries and charging them individually to see what happens before dropping a small fortune on new batteries. my question is: what else should i checking/ looking at? could it be just the batteries or something else? information on the proper steps to diagnose would be greatly appreciated. thanks
bkjwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-06-2020, 09:25 AM   #2
Reddawg454
Grumpy Old Guy

Club Car

Default Re: cart no go

Welcome. The experts are gonna ask for more information about your cart specifically the serial number and if it has a lever or rocker switch for forward and reverse.
Reddawg454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 10:02 AM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

A few basics without knowing anything about the cart...

There’s a fuse on the back of the charger receptacle in line with the black wire. Make sure it’s not blown.
There’s a fuse in the yellow fuse holder on the gray wire just behind the charging receptacle. Make sure it’s not blown.
The battery pack needs to be above about 40v before the charger will turn on and work. If it’s too low you need to charge the batteries individually to bring them up to that point. And make sure all the batteries have water in them.

If the pack voltage is below 42-44ish volts, you won’t get a click of the solenoid or any activity at all.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 12:56 PM   #4
bkjwalker
Not Yet Wild

serial # a9742-616128
big lever for forward and reverse. not rocker switch
charging batteries now. tested each one and all at roughly 2.5v with one less than 2 and one just over 3. batteries have water in them but are swelled. definitely time to replace. i will check fuses.
Old 12-06-2020, 01:46 PM   #5
bkjwalker
Not Yet Wild

both fuses check out ok
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car