lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-12-2020, 07:50 PM   #1
captcory
Not Yet Wild

Default resistors needed and where to get and what ohms

Just acquired a 1992 club car ds that looks like it has been converted to 48v, or at least converted from a resistor cart into a controller cart using an all trax npx4834. It is currently running a v drive in which the resistors are old and crumbly and falling apart. I got it running but i'm in need of a new set of resistors. according to the green blinking light on the all trax it is set up for 5k - 0 ohms. So what i'm needing now is a source for the resistors and their values. doesn't have to be a kit as I can solder the ends on myself if need be. thanx

IMG_9166.jpg

IMG_9165.jpg

IMG_9161.jpg

IMG_9160.jpg

IMG_9159.jpg
captcory is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-13-2020, 09:56 AM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: resistors needed and where to get and what ohms

The resistor values used for the 3-wire 48v version are (starting from post #3 where the red wire is on your picture):
910Ω
750Ω
910Ω
1000Ω
1000Ω
1000Ω
I think it is a good idea to also add a piece of wire between post #2 (currently nothing is on it) and post #3.

That is to make sure there is a valid "0 throttle" signal in case your micro-switch "clicks" before the wiper arm is making contact with post #3.

To order online (mouser)

750Ω (Qty: 1)
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...1zNhUZ0035Y%3D
910Ω (Qty: 2)
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...g%252BQw9T4%3D
1kΩ (Qty: 3)
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...QFuPAlieaDc%3D

You will also need some non-insulated ring terminals to crimp on each end of the resistors.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 10:06 PM   #3
captcory
Not Yet Wild

thanx sergio, ordered, and now works fine. how about a cover for the resistors? none of the usual vendors sells a cover for the resistor side. only for the wiper side.
Old 12-31-2020, 08:29 AM   #4
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I got mine from the local Club Car dealer. Should be part #101946901 PROTECTOR, WIPER SWITCH RESISTOR.
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 08:46 PM   #5
captcory
Not Yet Wild

thanx ordered from the local dealer and all is well. been back together and working for several months now! this site rocks!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car