lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-31-2020, 01:57 PM   #1
Boomer G
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Identification help

Hello, I just bought a Jacobsen 3500 Hauler which I think is an EZ-GO ST350 or 480 Workhorse? I found the date code J0204, so I'm guessing that is was built in February 2004? The serial number is 2186355. Any help I can get in confirming and best place to buy parts.

Thank you

Kevin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hauler 3500.jpg (211.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Hauler Serial #.jpg (202.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 3500 front.jpg (207.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Back & Engine.jpg (219.5 KB, 0 views)
Boomer G is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-31-2020, 02:21 PM   #2
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: Identification help

Same as an 04 EZGO Workhorse ST-350, not a 480.. what parts?
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 04:11 PM   #3
Boomer G
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you very much. I would like to do a lift kit, it looks like Jake makes a 6" spindle lift. Was hoping to find a long travel kit but no luck so far. Vegas buggies makes a kit to re-engine it to the Predator 670cc. Headlights are hard to come by, found some LED on Amazon I think will work. I will post pics if they work out. I know I've read other looking to do the same.

Kevin
Boomer G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 06:38 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Factory headlights are part number 20209G2 Led replacement is LGT-209L

You have the old style suspension so remember that when ordering. Txt will work but you have to flip the brakes side to side so the cables will clear.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 06:48 PM   #5
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

You have a 4" lift now, instead of buying a taller lift kit, on mine I flipped the heavy hitch plate over and sat it on the top of the axle. Then bolted the springs on top of it, down through the lower spring perches. Then added extensions on top of the shocks (out of sight). Then on the back two 1.5" blocks that I made from 1.5 x 2 x 3" square tubing with longer bolts to level it off.

Wal-La .. an extra 3" of lift (total of 7") for the price of six 7/16s x 4" bolts and 2 shock extenders for front and a piece of square tubing and 8 longer bolts for the back.

or... a long travel for a pre 2001.5 TXT is the same with blocks in back... $$$$

edit: you beat me to it kgsc (got a phone call) don't know about flipping the brakes on an ST.. didn't on mine but it's a 2001. Did have to unhook the brake cables off the frame for a little more slack.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 06:56 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Depends on the lift and the cart but mine had the cables on top which hit the rear lift blocks. Mine was not lifted at all when I started. It was a beverage cart.
Old 01-01-2021, 10:36 AM   #7
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer G View Post
Thank you very much. I would like to do a lift kit, it looks like Jake makes a 6" spindle lift. Was hoping to find a long travel kit but no luck so far. Vegas buggies makes a kit to re-engine it to the Predator 670cc. Headlights are hard to come by, found some LED on Amazon I think will work. I will post pics if they work out. I know I've read other looking to do the same.

Kevin
If you end up getting a lift, I'll take that old front axle off your hands. I need it for a Jacobsen hauler that does not have a lift. Let me know what you want for it.

Just FYI, spindle lifts are not that great for off road/utility use. I'd stick with the axle drop style (like the one that's on it), or upgrade to the LT kits. I think the spindle lifts got a bad reputation years ago for the spindle cracking under load, maybe they corrected that though?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 10:45 AM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Slo that part number is 70515G01 if you need it.
Old 01-01-2021, 12:25 PM   #9
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Slo that part number is 70515G01 if you need it.
How much lift is this one kgsc ? I acquired a TXT lift kit the middle of last year for some work I did. It fit the 2001 and back carts. I didn't think I would ever need it so I sold it for $100 before I bought the cart I have now.

Now I need my 2000 MPT 1200 Refresher cart lifted. Too low

Always happens that way. If I sell something I need it later. Electric cart was what I was told it fit but I think the axle would have worked on my 2000 MPT 1200 Refresher

Not sure this one will fit my 2000 mpt refresher cart ?
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 01:13 PM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

That is the 4” drop axle for the old style steering. It requires the st350 spindles if you don’t have them and those are hard to find. Axle sells new for $90 so you did good.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO