lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2021, 09:42 AM   #1
bish57
Not Yet Wild

Default Early 80's Vibration and parts diagram

I am new the the golf cart world. I just purchased what I believe to be an early 80's ezgo gas marathon, pics attached. no id plate. has a robins ec25-2pg motor with oil feed tank. it runs and is drivable. The main issue is that as you get to full rpm the belt does not go all the way out to the top of the clutch and it vibrates extremely bad and seems very loose. The belt is a 1-3/16" x 45" od. I have also noticed that the motor seems to move as you accelerate. from the picture I have seen in the 85 manual that has been in the forum it looks like there is a flat plate mount on the rear suspension that needs replaced? pic attached. Any thoughts on other issues it could be? There are many things I plan on upgrading on this so any parts breakdown so I know what is what would be appreciated.

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg
bish57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-18-2021, 10:42 AM   #2
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Early 80's Vibration and parts diagram

There should be an engine ID tag somewhat under the S/G on the cylinder cooling tin, it'll tell you what year it is IF it's still there. Looks like this, the first two numbers after the 'MOTOR NO.' is the year. In this case it's an 85
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 44.jpg (240.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Engine tag 85.jpg (35.9 KB, 0 views)
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 02:41 PM   #3
bish57
Not Yet Wild

that is good info. I do have that tag and it says it would be an 86 then. Thanks
bish57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 08:22 PM   #4
8ezgo83m
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I've an 83' and just replaced the motor mount bushings to help with that same issue. Seems to help take care of the vibration.
8ezgo83m is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO