lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-24-2021, 10:22 AM   #1
Treep
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Newbie. Looking for FSM pdf's and cart info.

Hello all. I'm new to the forum today. Yesterday, I bought what I believe is a 1993 Marathon cart with a 295cc Fuji-Robin engine. I got it for next to nothing, but it needs some work (of course). Runs like a champ and most things are in working order, with the exception of the body being rough, worn tires and it needs a new passenger rear axle and brake hub. I'm here today to seek out the factory service manuals so I can be sure to get the right parts for my application.

ID tag:
D0793

If you could offer up these manuals for me, I'd greatly appreciate it!
Treep is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-24-2021, 02:11 PM   #2
Treep
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Newbie. Looking for FSM pdf's and cart info.

Also, the rearend is labeled “ME29”, if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2021, 04:50 PM   #3
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If it is a ME29, it is the same as a TXT. You should be able to do a simple search in Google for the model, year, and what you are looking for. The hubs are readily available, not sure about the axle. As for part numbers, I don't have a diagram of the axle parts...at least not that I am aware of. In the Stickies in the Gas EZGO forum, there are a bunch of manuals...might be in there. You have to go look for it. Is the axle and hub stripped? Check to make sure it isn't just the cast hub that is damaged. They do strip out...the splines on the axle might be ok.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 07:00 PM   #4
Treep
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPonLKN View Post
If it is a ME29, it is the same as a TXT. You should be able to do a simple search in Google for the model, year, and what you are looking for. The hubs are readily available, not sure about the axle. As for part numbers, I don't have a diagram of the axle parts...at least not that I am aware of. In the Stickies in the Gas EZGO forum, there are a bunch of manuals...might be in there. You have to go look for it. Is the axle and hub stripped? Check to make sure it isn't just the cast hub that is damaged. They do strip out...the splines on the axle might be ok.

Yessir. The axle itself is ruined and hub is stripped. It looks like someone ran it well after the hub stripped and the washer behind the axle nut cut into the shaft. I’ll attach a pic. Also, I’m seeing a lot of conflicting information when I use google, hopefully I’ll have better luck here. Some axles specify 2 stroke and 4 stroke, though based on appearance alone it seems the 2 stroke is what I need. If you say the TXT axles are the same, maybe it’ll cut my results in half. We shall see.

Old 03-24-2021, 07:06 PM   #5
Treep
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Newbie. Looking for FSM pdf's and cart info.

Last edited by Treep; 03-24-2021 at 07:10 PM.. Reason: Fixed photo post.
Old 03-24-2021, 07:08 PM   #6
Treep
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

IMG_4487.jpg

Old 03-24-2021, 08:39 PM   #7
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yeah, that axle is no good!

If you have a Robbin 295, that is a 4-stroke motor, and the ME29 is the 4-stroke rear end. The two strokes don't have revers as the motor reverses direction for reverse. I don't know what rearend is in the 2-strokes...I suspect it is not a ME29. I would have to do some research to see if the late marathons used the same rearend as the early TXT's or if there were differences. Maybe one of the "Older" gurus that have worked with both could share if there are differences. I've only worked on the TXTs and workhorses...not Marathons. Wish I could be of more help...just haven't worked on your machine to be able to tell you definitively that your rearend is the same as the later model TXTs.

Have you found the manuals thread in the Sticky's?
https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=173263
The Fuji differential pdf in the first post is the one you want. Start year 1992 should cover your machine.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 09:03 PM   #8
Treep
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPonLKN View Post
Yeah, that axle is no good!

If you have a Robbin 295, that is a 4-stroke motor, and the ME29 is the 4-stroke rear end. The two strokes don't have revers as the motor reverses direction for reverse. I don't know what rearend is in the 2-strokes...I suspect it is not a ME29. I would have to do some research to see if the late marathons used the same rearend as the early TXT's or if there were differences. Maybe one of the "Older" gurus that have worked with both could share if there are differences. I've only worked on the TXTs and workhorses...not Marathons. Wish I could be of more help...just haven't worked on your machine to be able to tell you definitively that your rearend is the same as the later model TXTs.

Have you found the manuals thread in the Sticky's?
https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=173263
The Fuji differential pdf in the first post is the one you want. Start year 1992 should cover your machine.

Yes, I was able to locate some of the FSMs, thank you! Navigating this forum seems like it takes a little practice. I’d assume the same thing about the 2 stroke rear ends not being the same, as they wouldn’t need the reverse gear. Well, I guess it’s time to source one of these suckers.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO