lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2021, 03:28 PM   #1
Ryan Tug Smith
Getting Wild

Default Took the Silent Hunting jungle buggy on its first mission.

So I finally finished the Jungle Buggy (my wife named it). This is my thoughts and must changes. It was a quarter moon and the dark camo hid it well on the fields and tree line. The 14s leaf pack worked great. Its silent as in the motor and just the very faint click when first giving it the gas. It carried 3 of use around fully loaded with guns and gear with ease. So the plum quick torque grizzly is a solid motor for me. Went up hills no issues. Went through some muddy creeks no issues (welding the diff was good for me). It pulled hogs out while loaded with use no issue. So all in all successful buggy build.

Now the 26" itp mud lights were awful it was like riding on a unbalanced washing machine around and it made everything shack and loud. So i could only run it at 1 to 2mph. That wore my foot out holding it like that on the pedal for hours. I loved the hight of the 26s but hate the ride of these tires. They are mud only tires. I need to find a 26" tire for hard pack dirt roads and also moderate off road use. If anybody has any recommendations I'm all ears. And my only other complaint is in my passenger front Aarm there is a slight squeak I have to find and grease so it can be a true silent hunting buggy. At the end of the night it had a odd smell when stopped. I opened the seat and the contactor solenoid was pretty hot and the wires were warm I'm sure it's because it was used all night and my foot was constantly on the pedal due to how slow I had to go because the tires.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6348.jpg (188.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6349.jpg (164.1 KB, 0 views)
Ryan Tug Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-18-2021, 04:07 PM   #2
Ryan Tug Smith
Getting Wild

Default Re: Took the Silent Hunting jungle buggy on its first mission.

Just a few more pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210418_162926_HDR.jpg (308.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210418_162909.jpg (284.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210418_162901_HDR.jpg (303.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-18-2021, 05:25 PM   #3
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would think that 1-2mph would heat you up a lot. If you have HD springs in front and back that will give you that crazy vibration as well. Leaf springs don’t give the best ride, especially when they are extra stiff.
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 04:44 PM   #4
Ryan Tug Smith
Getting Wild

Just a heads up to anyone that has a rough ride like my jungle buggy had with the ITP Mud Lites. I bought the Sunf 0033 all terrains and absolutely love them. They are smooth and have way more grip than ive needed so far in the sand and mud. I highly recommend them to my hunting cart friends out there. Cart runs 29mph and has enough toque to pop wheelies. I made a potbox aka a FN1 for it so when i hunt i have a profile that only gives me 30% power so i can ride slow and easy on the fields and scan for pigs and coyotes. Im loving this cart and the lithium leaf pack i built.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210425_172316.jpg (152.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210425_172343_HDR.jpg (275.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-25-2021, 04:58 PM   #5
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Is it me or are the old mud tires on backwards, granted I'm look at the pics who my phone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 05:06 PM   #6
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

They're on the right way.

Those Mud lites are made to run at like 3psi, so if you have 10-15 in them like a cart is supposed to have then they would ride really rough. The mud V pattern is going to ride a little rougher than any cross tread style tire, but they don't ride bad on an ATV when they only have 3-5 psi in them.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 08:49 PM   #7
Ryan Tug Smith
Getting Wild

They were fine on my foreman 500 but sucked on my cart. These sunf all terrains run great though
Old 04-25-2021, 09:23 PM   #8
Mike from Texas
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
They're on the right way.

Those Mud lites are made to run at like 3psi, so if you have 10-15 in them like a cart is supposed to have then they would ride really rough. The mud V pattern is going to ride a little rougher than any cross tread style tire, but they don't ride bad on an ATV when they only have 3-5 psi in them.

Why would a cart need 10-15psi in the tires?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike from Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 10:05 PM   #9
HogKiller
Gone Wild

Glad to hear this report. How close did you get to the hogs on the cart? My motor makes more noise than I was expecting.
HogKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 12:40 PM   #10
Ryan Tug Smith
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogKiller View Post
Glad to hear this report. How close did you get to the hogs on the cart? My motor makes more noise than I was expecting.
My plum quick torque grizzly is silent. I got about 100 yards out then we got off and walked 50 yards closer and let them have it. Thats with the new tires. The mud lights we had to stop 250 yards out then walk to them. It was way to loud with those tires.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car