lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2021, 06:19 PM   #11
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Solenoid issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by R&TBabich View Post
I thought all Precedents were sepex systems, like our 2003.
Ours came with a resistor on the large solenoid posts, but when upgrading to an Alltrax controller it is replaced with a diode.
You are correct. Large and small diodes only. No resistor with Alltrax on sepex systems.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2021, 09:34 PM   #12
Lampworker
Not Yet Wild

I have just now started having problems with my mjz-400 after almost 2 years. 2003 DS IQ, XCT500. Cart ran great for 2 years reversed it out of the garage, put it in forward and it just jerks. If I tap the solenoid it will close and the cart will run fine till opens again.
Lampworker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 05:31 AM   #13
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampworker View Post
I have just now started having problems with my mjz-400 after almost 2 years. 2003 DS IQ, XCT500. Cart ran great for 2 years reversed it out of the garage, put it in forward and it just jerks. If I tap the solenoid it will close and the cart will run fine till opens again.
You also have a defective solenoid. The contacts are burned and do not make good contact until you tap on it which will seat them until next time you cycle it.

Make sure you use both diodes and no resister on the new one if you didn't already.
Old 04-26-2021, 04:50 PM   #14
Lampworker
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
You also have a defective solenoid. The contacts are burned and do not make good contact until you tap on it which will seat them until next time you cycle it.

Make sure you use both diodes and no resister on the new one if you didn't already.
Yep have been running both diodes since day 1. I found a solenoid locally and am back in business. It's another MZJ-400, hoping I just got unlucky the first time around
Lampworker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 10:15 PM   #15
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampworker View Post
Yep have been running both diodes since day 1. I found a solenoid locally and am back in business. It's another MZJ-400, hoping I just got unlucky the first time around
I'm glad you got it repaired. We just never know about longevity with electrical items. My solenoid is mounted above the motor and next to the controller as are most carts.

For this reason I never run through water. Water and solenoids do not mix. Good luck with this new one!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car