lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2021, 08:33 PM   #1
nachorunner601
Not Yet Wild

Default 2021 S4 ODO wrong, speedo right, battery crap

Last week we bought a new 2021 Express S4 Elite with a single lithium ion.

As soon as it arrived we hopped on the cart, noted it was at 90% capacity and started cruising. After about 20 minutes we rolled back home turned it off at the capacity was at 55%

This happened the next day and the next. I'd give it a charge and within 10-20 minutes of driving the battery is down 20% minimum. But then I noticed something really strange...

The odometer isn't working as it should. I drove a route I know is exactly 2.3 miles and the odometer registered 0.1 miles. During the ride we passed one of those signs that tell your speed and the speedometer on the cart read 19mph (max speed) and the sign read 19mph.

So I called my dealer and he said to get with him Monday morning to schedule them to look it over.

SO MY QUESTION TO YOU FINE FOLKS...

Have any of you experienced this issue before?

I can't say it's strictly a battery issue, because the battery charges just drains crazy quick ... at least according to the gauge. I don't know that the gauge is bad, because the speedometer works ... but the odometer doesn't?!

The only thing I can add is that I do think the battery is actually draining somewhat in line with the gauge. BECAUSE when I attach the battery to the charger the blinking LED on the charger lines up with the amount of battery left -- it blinks faster when the battery has less energy reserved and eventually becomes solid when it reaches full charge.
nachorunner601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO