lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2021, 08:58 PM   #1
Seminolewind
Not Yet Wild

Default Lighting Question

Good evening!!! I am wanting to run some led lights on my 2010 RXV. I am by no means and electrician lol. My setup is 4 12 volt batteries do I need to run a voltage reducer or what is the best way to wire them? Can I run them to the switch for my headlights and only have 1 switch? Thanks for any help.
Seminolewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2021, 04:24 PM   #2
Golf-Dart
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Lighting Question

you will need to get a reducer from 48V to 12V. I just bought one from Amazon for $18 bucks. they are easy to install. as far as running it off one switch i'm not sure.
Golf-Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 09:26 AM   #3
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The amp rating of the switch will need to be larger or at least equal to the amp’s
That the lights will draw. If not a 12 volt relay needs to be installed between switch and lights.

The relay would be used for the higher amp’s of lights would flow thru it instead of going thru switch. The switch is only used to close contacts of relay that require very little amp to close so lights
Will work 😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 08:21 AM   #4
Ajluzi
Not Yet Wild

I used a relay because why not. They are cheap and plenty of videos on YouTube to show you exactly how to wire it. It’s simple to do. . I jumped the negative and positive from the passenger side to the driver side light and pulled 1 ground and one positive for back lights and 1 ground and positive for front that way. Grounds went to the fuse block and positives to the switched output of the relay. Brake wire for tails went straight to the brake switch without using a relay.
Ajluzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 05:30 PM   #5
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Make sure the RXV is in TOW mode. Also don't touch any of the stock wires on that cart unless you know what you're doing. The RXV is a finicky beast, a computer on wheels. So a pound of caution will save you a ton of headache.

So run your 48v to 12v converter and wires to/from whatever you want. Just stay away from any of the stock stuff on the cart unless you can find one of the RXV guys here who can tell you what'll fry it and what wont. I'm a TXT guy, so I can't tell you what to watch out for except for that you need to watch out...

It's not as bad as it sounds, just want you to know to be cautious.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO