lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2021, 05:57 PM   #1
morgan
Not Yet Wild

Default 1996 no start no click.

I have a 1996 ezgo gas. It needed a new starter generator. So I replaced it. Turn key and press pedal nothing happens no click. I jumped the solenoid and it turned over. I replaced the solenoid. Stil nothing. I jump the solenoid and nothing. I have a brand new battery in. I replaced the Glass fuse with a new fuse line with a spade 10 Amp. I replaced the micro switch at the pedal. And still I have nothing. Volt meter shows zero at the solenoid. Zero at the micro switch at the pedal. Any ideas on what I am missing? Thank you in advance.
morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2021, 07:30 AM   #2
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1996 no start no click.

Should be pretty simple to find with a volt meter. First, what is your battery voltage? Second, follow the path checking voltage along the way. Red wire from the battery, or hot side of the solenoid (big terminal), the one with the fuse, goes to the reverse microswitch and via piggyback connector to the pedal switch. Check for voltage at the piggyback connector on the reverse switch. Then, power goes down the red wire to the pedal microswitch and back on the green wire. Follow the green wire over to the area of the solenoid...there is a spade connector on it where it goes up to the key switch, also green wire. With the pedal depressed, check for power at that spade connector. If you have power there, the pedal microswitch is good. Power goes up to the key switch and down on a solid blue wire to the small terminal on the solenoid. With the pedal depressed, and the key turned on, check for voltage at the small terminal with the blue wire. If you have power there, the key switch works, and wires properly connected. Then, with the pedal depressed and the key on, check for power at the large solenoid terminal, the one with the wire that leads to the starter/generator. If you have power here, the solenoid is working. If not, the solenoid is bad. Did you get a golf cart solenoid? They are constant duty and not he same as an automotive solenoid that only activates when the key is in the start position. These activate all the time when the cart is running and automotive solenoids fail quickly in this case. Follow up with whatever point you loose power along the path, and it should be pretty obvious where the problem is. If you have power all the way to the starter generator with the pedal depressed and the key on, the issue is the starter generator. The old starter generator may not have been bad...probably just brushes. Either way, let us know what you find.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO