lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2021, 01:42 PM   #1
Tommybh
Getting Wild

Default Noise after rebuild (HELP)

I finally got golf cart back together and all is good except this noise at a certain rpm i took drive belt off and it still makes this noise also I took drive clutch apart to make sure it was in good shape not knowing I should have marked it I only took face plate off to look at spring and it spun off when I took it apart so not sure how that goes back .. or if that’s related I’ve played with it a bit on cart and same noise any ideas ?

Thanks guys video below noise I’m referring to is heard clear at 16 second mark

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a-TtTpB85N4
Tommybh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2021, 08:31 AM   #2
Tommybh
Getting Wild

Default Re: Noise after rebuild (HELP)

May have answered my own question I cleaned rust out of clutch and engine clutch shaft with wd40 and installed clutch while wet maybe it’s slipping since the clutch is tapered not keyed .. am I on to something before I pull motor out again to get clutch off ?
Tommybh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 02:14 AM   #3
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Noise after rebuild (HELP)

It is possible, but try running it with the belt on first with gears locked out or wheels off ground. If good, take it for a run, you will soon find out if it is slipping. You should not run those clutches without a belt.
Cartmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO