lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2022, 06:55 PM   #1
Rebelhoo
Not Yet Wild

Default Carryall 252 Won't Charge

I have a carryall 252 that has been parked a few years. The reason it quit running is lost to history (but I think it may have been a controller or OBC). It has 8 6V batteries. I know that dead batteries won't charge until they get enough juice in them to get the charger to kick on, so I put the 12V battery charger on successive sets of two batteries to try to get them up to the point where the charger will kick in. I got the whole pack to 26V, but the charger won't kick on. I'm going to do another round of charging (30 mins per set) to see if I can get them a little fuller and try the charger again. The batteries are 2015 batteries (US145 batteries), but they probably only had a couple of years of cycling before it was parked. I'm guessing that I need to get a whole new set, but I'd love to get the old ones going so that I can at least trouble-shoot using them. What should my next steps be? Thanks in advance!
Rebelhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2022, 03:16 AM   #2
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Carryall 252 Won't Charge

2015 batteries left dead for two years? I think your only option is a new pack. You may be able to bring them up more to get them to charge, but I doubt they will hold it. If you have access to another 48v cart, you can jump the two packs like you would to jump start a car. This will usually get the charger to see enough volts to switch on and start charging. Leave connected for half an hour and see if your set will then charge on its own. If you have OBC issues, then maybe this will not work. You can of course plug a charger into the second cart to charge both packs, but it is not ideal. I will probably get flamed for suggesting this but see what others say before trying it.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 10:36 AM   #3
Rebelhoo
Not Yet Wild

The cart charger has now kicked on and is charging, so now I need to figure out what went bad when it quit running. I think it was the controller…
Old 03-19-2022, 12:08 PM   #4
Rebelhoo
Not Yet Wild

It drives now - at least a little. I moved it about 100 feet. It drove slowly and would cut out every 20 feet or so, or when under a heavier load (going up a tiny grass hill). What causes it it cut out like that? I’m definitely going to replace the batteries now that I have at least gotten it moving!
Old 03-19-2022, 12:24 PM   #5
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Bad batteries will make it cut out under load.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 03:23 PM   #6
Rebelhoo
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. I guess if it's charging and driving, then the controller and the OBC are both working. We'll see what a new set of batteries does!

Tags
carryall, charger, dead batteries
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car