lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2022, 10:29 AM   #1
ImplantLabTech
Getting Wild

Default Alltrax Vs Navitas

Ok BGW this site hasn't had a spirited debate, for high amp setups lets hear why one controller is better than the other. Some of the legends here seem to love Alltrax but Navitas seems to get the press let's hear why.
ImplantLabTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-26-2022, 10:32 AM   #2
ImplantLabTech
Getting Wild

Default Re: Alltrax Vs Navitas

Mods delete this I broke the first rule of Fight Club and didn't use the search
ImplantLabTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 10:33 AM   #3
greg-g
Gone Wild

Navitas for AC
Alltrax for DC
greg-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 03:14 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I'll put in my 2 cents worth since the thread is still up. I honestly do think the discussion will get heated at all... Not like it's Ford vs Chevy or anything

I prefer Alltrax. One big reason is that Navitas allows the driver to select modes and options that will fry the motor. like driving in speed mode in the off road hills or creeping thru the swap meet.

Another reason is company warranty and customer service reputation. Lets face it, 90% of the people modifying their gold carts have never looked under the seat of a cart much less understand how it works so there are gonna be errors. Some of those errors are going to be catastrophic. I have seen Alltrax hand out free controls to people who have destroyed a product... and sometimes beyond the warranty expiration.

Speaking of warranty Alltrax will replace any failed control for any reason for 2 years, no receipt, no problem. All you need is a broken control and a shipping address.

If you can post the output specs at peak, 2 minutes, 5 minutes, and sustained, on the Navitas we can look at that too. Alltrax posts this info on their site. Because it flat out exceeds any other control I have seen.

Then we can look at the software and see what is user adjustable

Did I mention Alltrax is an American family business and Navitas is, well we all now who owns and makes this stuff.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 03:23 PM   #5
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg-g View Post
Navitas for AC
Alltrax for DC
I think I agree with this. There are some advantages to AC and Alltrax is losing out by not having an AC controller. (at least that I am aware of)
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 11:34 AM   #6
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Did I mention Alltrax is an American family business and Navitas is, well we all now who owns and makes this stuff.
Gang Pan who is a Canadian citizen and lives in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada is who owns Navitas. Not sure what you are trying to imply? Navitas is engineered in Canada and assembled there. I have personally walked the floor there and watched the Canadian's assemble the units.

Not sure where Alltrax is buying their Mosfets from... but, last time I checked... there are no plants making fets in North America?

Alltrax and Navitas DC stuff is pretty same-same.

I have personally run a 440A TSX3.0 on a dyno on a personal battery I built that can output 480A constant. At 1800 RPM full throttle at armature and it pulled 240A for 10 minutes without a single issue or even major change in temperature. I can run it to full depletion of the the 54V 160AH battery if you would like?

I mean... what stats would you like? More than happy to run them if you give me the profile. I can put pretty much any D&D motor on you would like and run whatever test you would like.

Alltrax and Navitas DC setups are pretty same-same. Curtis 1268 is better than them both though...
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 11:37 AM   #7
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
I think I agree with this. There are some advantages to AC and Alltrax is losing out by not having an AC controller. (at least that I am aware of)
Alltrax will have a AC controller coming. The challenge is what motor are they going to match it up with? Personally, I would like to see them do a deal with DanaTM4 (SME) similar to what the folks at Netgain did for the Hyper9 22kW EV units... (Which are just SME products re-branded.)

I look forward to seeing Alltrax's offerings in the AC traction inverter market. Another LSV competitor to Navitas would be nice to see in the market.

I use Kelly, SME and Sevcon stuff... but, a nice complete "kit" of a motor and a traction inverter would be nice to see in the LSV market for sure.
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 02:02 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I guess I stand corrected. I appreciate that. Thank you for the information.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 02:26 PM   #9
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

I've had both - an Alltrax XCT500 with a Plum Quick Executioner motor, and a Navitas 600A 5kw AC system on my 2014 Precedent.

Performance-wise, they seem very similar. Roughly the same top speed, acceleration, and distance may be a little better with the Navitas.

As for Customer Service, they are both excellent but I think Navitas wins by a nose. I once sent a trivial question through their website at 4:55pm on a Friday. They called me 2 minutes later to discuss. Amazing - especially on a Friday!

I now have Navitas in both of my carts - mainly because they can handle 72V and my Alltrax/Plum Quick was only 48V. Also, the Navitas AC has a much higher RPM limit that allows me to go much faster. I also like their Bluetooth app and the control it gives me.
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 04:53 PM   #10
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I like my Alltrax but they are very slow when it comes to innovation. AC has been around a long time and it has some distinct advantages over DC motors. I would have switched to AC if Alltrax supported it when I upgraded my latest cart a year ago.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car