lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-19-2022, 05:49 PM   #1
Klbhammond
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation 36 volt ezgo wiring

Ok so I acquired a 36 volt ezgo
Has no ignition switch or battery indicator along with forward reverse selector is bad
I have all the items just no idea on how to wire them up…. I looked up the diagram along with schematics… hard to understand… I gave it my best try and I installed
One wire from battery- to the motor then the hot side of battery to solenoid … out of the other side of solenoid to controller
Controller to motor
Controller to forward reverse switch then two off forward reverse switch to motor
Solenoid small terminal to key back to limit switch
Took red small wire of solenoid and touched to battery post to check circuits and it’s like welding it sparks and makes so much energy….
So I want to start all the way over and rewrite to complete and correct can someone simplify the wiring and process for a dummy like me
Klbhammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2022, 12:29 AM   #2
Klbhammond
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 36 volt ezgo wiring

Any advice
Old 06-20-2022, 05:41 AM   #3
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

If you post what year cart, model of controller you have that may help someone help you.
You say you looked up the diagram and schematic so just trace and recheck 1 wire at a time and they're not too hard to follow. It is not unusual to get a good spark when connecting the last battery connection. You may have everything wired right but I would go through the entire wiring again and make sure it's correct. Sometimes it helps to post pictures.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 12:23 AM   #4
Klbhammond
Not Yet Wild

Thank you

It is a 2009 ezgo txt 36 volt with a terrible wire job… I appreciate your help and input and will give it a try for sure I agree I am thinking of pulling all the plastic off and doing one wire at a time to ensure I have all correct … as of now I have moved so many wires and feel I have done more harm then good. I get lost on the solenoid… the key …. How they all make a loop back or where they get the power from …
Old 06-21-2022, 06:55 AM   #5
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Does your TXT have a run/tow switch on the controller cover?

Work on separate sections at a time. Start with all the large motor wires and make sure they’re going where they’re supposed to, (motor, controller, f/r switch. Leave the negative battery cable disconnected until you’re ready to fire up the cart.

Now move to the wire harness that has the smaller wires and work in the controller, solenoid, throttle area. If you need to splice any wires in this area use heat shrink crimp connectors. This will keep connections tight and waterproof.

Now move on to the harness going to the ignition switch. I think there’s only 4 wires here to deal with. If you have the bar type battery gauge forget that for now. A better gauge choice will be a digital one that you can wire directly to the battery pack later. First things first, get the cart running.

Just an fyi, if you open the wire loom and find wires spliced (y connection)and taped don’t be alarmed. Those are typically factory connections and the wires are kind of welded together. Just make sure they’re tight.

As a future upgrade I would suggest getting rid of that lever type F/R switch and putting in a reversing contactor, much more reliable as well as pleasurable.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 07:55 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Start with the basic understanding that all golf carts are not the same.
All ezgo not the same, all 2009 not the same. All TXT not the same.
Identify the cart by make, model, and drive system to begin.
https://www.cartsunlimited.net/upgrade-suggestions.html
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 03:06 PM   #7
Klbhammond
Not Yet Wild

Thank you guys I took it simple… traced one wire out at a time and found the solenoid is welded shut… and I had one wire crossed … y’all are amazing and so helpful thank you … btw I am new here
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO