lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2022, 09:21 PM   #1
baig14
Not Yet Wild

Default 2003 EZGO Goes Full speed even with throttle pedal pressed slightly

I have recently purchased a EZGO golf cart. The golf cart was in no running condition. The previous owner told me that the controller is bad. I replaced the previously installed Curtis controller which was previously installed with Curtis controller 1205. Now the cart runs but it runs full speed all the time even when pedal is slightly pressed both forward and reverse. I replaced the inductive throttle sensor by looking at the previous posts that it might be a problem but that did not resolve my problem.

I want to ask the experts what you think the possible cause be ? I ordered used controller through EBAY not sure if the controller is bad in this scenario.
baig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2022, 10:57 AM   #2
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2003 EZGO Goes Full speed even with throttle pedal pressed slightly

Trace the cable from the pedal box to the controller. Pay special attention to a 4-pin connector in the cable usually located in the front passenger side battery bottom area. Wet debris and corrosion in this area can cause this problem especially after washing cart. Been there done that.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 11:36 AM   #3
baig14
Not Yet Wild

Thank for the reply.

I have four wires coming from the pedal box black, white, green, red. Red and green attached to microswitch and black & white to inductive throttle sensor.

On the controller side I have only 3 spade connectors and 4 wire that need to be plugged in. I plugged the red one in first, black in 2nd and white in third. There is orange wire that I don't know where to put in. I have attached the pictures of ITS and controller.
Old 06-23-2022, 11:53 AM   #4
baig14
Not Yet Wild

One more thing I want to point out that by even by removing the ITS and the cart still moves.
Old 06-23-2022, 11:55 AM   #5
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by baig14 View Post
One more thing I want to point out that by even by removing the ITS and the cart still moves.
Check the connector.
Old 06-23-2022, 12:01 PM   #6
baig14
Not Yet Wild

The 4 pin connector looks fine to me. To rule out the 4 pin connector I can cut it and hardwire directly to see if that makes a difference
Old 06-23-2022, 12:11 PM   #7
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Give more description of the exact model cart you have. Someone else can help you with wiring but that connector has caused a lot of grief and expense. Might be why the previous owner got rid of it. You will need a voltmeter and some expert help to do some more advanced troubleshooting. Mis-wiring can cause problems. Replacing controller with bad controller also possible.

Tags
ezgo txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO