lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2010, 04:03 PM   #21
WickedCarts
NOT a Sponsor

Default Re: Bent spindles?

not sure on the degree but stock spindles are not 90 i knoiw there not a race car but suspension geometry is basic even go kart spindles are not 90 .. hop this helps... i would flip to see if that helps you can always cut the steering arms and re weld them on... we have done that manhy times...
WickedCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2010, 05:28 PM   #22
jamesxmiz
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedCarts View Post
not sure on the degree but stock spindles are not 90 i knoiw there not a race car but suspension geometry is basic even go kart spindles are not 90 .. hop this helps... i would flip to see if that helps you can always cut the steering arms and re weld them on... we have done that manhy times...
thats kinda funny cause a few people on here before posted that they were at a 90.. but i believe you that they aren't because after seeing one firsthand, i can tell that it's not at a 90 and i understand why now.

option 2 was to cut the steering arm and re-weld them at a different angle. why have you done that so many times? custom carts with different geometry or what?
jamesxmiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 05:35 PM   #23
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I think what we meant was that the AXLES were at 90 degrees from vertical (basically)
PS on that custom front end in the pic I believe if you swap the spindles from side to side or flip them top to bottom that your axles will be close to 90 Degrees from vertical and the wheels close to vertical
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 05:41 PM   #24
freddmc
Gone Wild

I just went out and looked at my Yamaha.
The king pins are NOT vertical and the axle is NOT 90 deg. to the king pin.Wild *** guess I would say 10 degrees. The king pins have positive camber.

Fred.
freddmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 05:58 PM   #25
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

AXLES 90 DEGREES FROM VERTICAL
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 05:59 PM   #26
jamesxmiz
Getting Wild

Thanks for confirming Fred.

Scotty, I did swap the spindles and flip them, it lowered the tie rod connection but i solved that with some spacers and longer bolts. However, the problem I have is that the steering arms are nearly horizontal, where as with stock carts I don't think it's exactly horizontal, part of the reason for the angled spindles. Either way, I'm either going to have extremely negative camber or extremely positive camber. I'm thinking my best bet as of now is to cut the steering arm then re-weld it to where it needs to be angle-wise..
Old 05-10-2010, 09:32 AM   #27
WickedCarts
NOT a Sponsor

i was not talking about cutting the spindle off of the housing.... i was talking about cutting the arm that the tie rod is in so you dont have to use spacers.... the king pin should nver be 90 to the world.... they should be at least 10 degrees ... not sure what the tec name or wording is when you angle in at the top and angle back the king pin it makes everything steering better... specailly for off road stuff....

also remember the tie rod sleeves should be parrallell with your upper and lower arms.... you can also short n your upper arm to bring your spindle back....

i hope this helps

i can build the stuff just not good at writing it done so oither people can understand
Old 05-10-2010, 10:57 AM   #28
freddmc
Gone Wild

When the king pin is angled off from vertical that is camber. Positive camber is when the wheels are closer together at the bottom and negative camber is when the wheels are closer together at the top. Castor is when the king pin is angled towards the front of the cart or towards the back. Go here for a good explaination and diagrams.
http://www.jeepfan.com/tech/CasterCamberToe.htm
freddmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:23 PM   #29
WickedCarts
NOT a Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddmc View Post
When the king pin is angled off from vertical that is camber. Positive camber is when the wheels are closer together at the bottom and negative camber is when the wheels are closer together at the top. Castor is when the king pin is angled towards the front of the cart or towards the back. Go here for a good explaination and diagrams.
http://www.jeepfan.com/tech/CasterCamberToe.htm
thats not always true.... the king pin can be at an angle but the spindle shaft is parrellel to the ground.... and that link is to show you how to adjust the camber and toe.... nice link to explain that
Old 05-11-2010, 02:49 AM   #30
jamesxmiz
Getting Wild

cool, i'm just gonna leave it like it is until i need new tires. I was planning on getting larger tires anyways. It's not too bad
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO