lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2010, 12:55 AM   #21
ZOG
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Marathon resistor cart conversion

buckmanmike, Thanks for clearing that up for me, I will be sending my motor to get done by emp, 700 amp WOW I was thinking 500 amp with the future upgrade to 48 volt and thought that would be a lot. I would be doing wheelies up hills if I had your controller @ 72 volt in my cart. I melted the Solenoid yesterday (hills are to much for that cheep tin can with copper contacts, so I put in a Albright sw 200 contactor I use at work 36-48 volt. Just pricing out controllers and the rest of parts now. I had an idea to get rid of the fwd/rev switch and use a directional contactor that we use on forklifts so I can just hit a switch rather than turn the lever. Has anyone tried something like that? I know I see the double heavy duty style solenoid in the older Cushman and Taylor duns. what is the best place to go for hd fwr/rev parts, if I stay with the original style directional control? I will be upgrading the motor wires to 2ga when I pull the motor. I am not opposed to 48 volt I wish I would have bought 8 volt batteries but what is done is done. I am thinking the 2 batteries behind the rear wheels and the box I am mounting on back will be to heavy coming up hills. and I thought that spot would be a great space for the cold beverage cooler under the dump box
Thanks to all for the help
Greg
ZOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2010, 12:40 AM   #22
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Zog, this is the setup I use for eliminating the F&R lever. The 2 solenoids at the bottom are WR HD 48 volt 6 pole solenoids to allow for shifting gears. The controller is a 700 Amp GE set up for 48 volts, and the top solenoid is of course the main contactor (also a 48 volt WR HD):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg langston 012.jpg (117.4 KB, 19 views)
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:23 AM   #23
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Zog, the EMP 2 speed motor will never draw 700 amps, in my opinion. A 4-500 amp controller should be plenty. I overamped I guess you could say. But if I upgrade further...........
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 12:21 PM   #24
Danjackson
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

RabbitRon,

Could you send more pics or part list for that setup to eliminate the F/R lever. I am interested in that. Kinda cool idea.
Danjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 01:28 PM   #25
EvilSpirit1
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjackson View Post
RabbitRon,

Could you send more pics or part list for that setup to eliminate the F/R lever. I am interested in that. Kinda cool idea.
This post is 9 years old. I think I have read that R/R isn't on here anymore. And I'm pretty sure that this was before the vendors started selling reversing contactors to do the same thing.
EvilSpirit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO