lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2010, 08:09 PM   #11
heavygs
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Latest Project G1

Finally got to work on the cart for a while today, been too busy at work. Took the front cowl off, reconnected the dangling tie rod, got rid of all the burnt speaker wires, cleaned the mice out of the airbox, reconnected a couple of cut wires, made some new battery cables and stepped on the pedal. Motor turns over, but no gas getting to the carb. So next time, clean the fuel lines and check the carb. Did a compression test, got about 92psi, so looks like a rebuild will be in order soon. Get some pics up soon
heavygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-06-2010, 07:25 PM   #12
heavygs
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Got to work on the cart this afternoon, cleaned the carb, found a bunch of white stuff in the bowl. Anybody ever seen that before? Put the carb back on and rigged up a gravity feed tank and it lives!!! Looks like I'm going to have to get a fuel pump or take this one apart and try to fix it. But the good news is that it does run.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:24 PM   #13
ky_mike
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Yay, a fellow Kentuckian!!

I took my fuel pump apart and cleaned it. Had a little gunk in it, but there is hardly anything to them. Probably just gunked up with more white stuff like you found in your carb.
ky_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:28 AM   #14
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The white stuff is aluminum oxide (corroded carburetor). Not unusual with the ethanol gas we have these days. If it runs good you are lucky. You managed to clean it out. For now. You probably will end up replacing the carb when the problem returns. Always use fuel stabilizer to help prevent this from happening. Star-Tron works for me.
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:06 AM   #15
heavygs
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Pulled the fuel lines and the pump and the gas tank. Fuel filter was clogged, gas tank had dirt and gravel in the bottom and the fuel filter was full of that white stuff. Got everything cleaned out or replaced, now just have to get all back in place.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_6657.jpg (54.6 KB, 51 views)
Old 10-11-2010, 09:24 AM   #16
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Wow, surprised you didn't find 5lb of duct tape holding something together like maybe the frame. Make sure the hoses are good they leak air and it will not pump. No suspension, man that is just funny. sorry, keep us updated looks like a great project and at least they didn't destroy too much.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 06:58 PM   #17
heavygs
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Got back in town yesterday and had today off, so worked on the cart a little bit. Ordered a tune up kit from CPP, it came in while I was out of town and a good thing it did, my fuel filter was clogged and the air filter had been chewed on by mice. Put all new fuel hoses on and flushed the hard lines and gas tank. Put it all back together and added some gas and fired her up, had to choke it quite a bit but she finally started, sputtered, coughed and then smoothed out. I read on here a bunch of people had problems with the oil pumps so I replaced the oil lines with clear ones and I'm glad I did the oil pump doesn't work, so I was able to shut it down before something bad happened. So I refilled it with some premix and was able to drive it around the back alley next to my garage.

Gotta do a search and find out what the premix is supposed to be, I just used what the neighbor had mixed up for his kids dirt bike. Next project is to work on the front suspension, it's very unstable. Post up some pics later.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:35 PM   #18
heavygs
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Here are some pics of what I've done so far
The engine bay looks pretty good now with all the extra wires and rats nests cleaned out. She looks a little funky with the stock tires but a least it will roll around that way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_6666.jpg (92.1 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_6673.jpg (100.3 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_6663.jpg (64.3 KB, 89 views)
Old 10-31-2010, 01:26 AM   #19
SteveRand
Yamahaulin' CC Rider

Mixed Breed

Looks like you're making great progress with the G1. Isn't it amazing what people will do to their carts! (And cars, and...)

Hopefully, with good oiling, the compression will come up.
SteveRand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:01 AM   #20
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Relevant links to 2-stroke oil selection, premix,G1 oil pumps, and bleeding. Check out the last link on how to bleed your oil pump. If the lines have been disconnected and replaced, it may just need bleeding.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...cter-pump.html
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...g-fuel-g1.html
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...proplerly.html
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha