lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-12-2011, 06:07 PM   #1
chasenfish16
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 48 volt runtime (6 eight volt batteries)

If I convert my 2001 36 volt PDS cart to (6) eight volt batteries will I get about the same run time as with my current (6) six volt batteries plus some torque and speed? I have a stock motor, 4 gauge wiring and an Alltrax DCX 400 amp controller.
chasenfish16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-12-2011, 06:13 PM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 48 volt runtime (6 eight volt batteries)

Probably a slight reduction because of all the fun you are gonna have at 48v. If you take it easy, it could be a wash, but that never seems to happen.....
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:31 PM   #3
chasenfish16
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Gornoman, when you do the 48 volt conversion do you usually go with 6 eight volts or 8 six volts and if you go with 8 six volts where do you put them?
Old 03-12-2011, 06:37 PM   #4
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

On my 48v conversion I added one under the driver side and the other in the passenger side bagwell in the back. I have a series cart and it has that large F/R switch assembly. On a DCS or PDS cart you can get all 8 of them under the seat if you relocate the controller and solenoid.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:13 AM   #5
chasenfish16
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I am currently running 36 volts (6-6 volt energizers that are 3 years old) and get 15 miles in fairly hilly neighborhood. I would like to go 48 volts in the future but do not want to move my controller or put 2 extra batteries in the bagwell. So I gues my only option is 6-8 volt batteries. I would like to hear from someone who has done this and how it affected their range. If I am going to get less range I will definately consider my other options.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:47 PM   #6
KactusKiller
Getting Wild

I converted my series to 48, 8-6 volt and put the extra two in the bagwell. I have started a complete make over, I am getting a different f/r switch so I can move it to the back making room for both batteries under the seat. I built new battery rack this weekend and am no relocating the controller and f/r switch(as soon as I get it from scottyb). I also have an onboard charger that was under the seat and will be putting in the bagwell. The batteries fir fine in the bagwell but I didnt like having that much extra weight behind the axle.
KactusKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:59 PM   #7
bigjohnrider
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Where would you move the controller to get 8 batteries under the seat ?
bigjohnrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:09 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Western made this conversion to a bunch of carts. They lost the heat sink and the conventional F&R. Then they mounted a battery and the controller under the passengers butt. and another battery under the drivers butt. Their body allowed for a new 80s F&R to be mounted behind the shift handle in their custom body, they made room for an F&R switch. I think that if you used a Reversing Contactor You could do this with a stock Ezgo body.... with a little imagination...you could mount the big solenoid anywhere
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO