lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2011, 10:06 AM   #21
Scoobyh409
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1987 Marathon 3PG wont run

Thanks for that help. I thought I was looking at the right one but wasn't sure. So look at the manufacturers code not the serial number. That really does clarify.
Scoobyh409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2011, 10:29 AM   #22
Scoobyh409
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Oh and I am keeping my top, but I will look and see if the other frame might have the top struts. It will be this weekend but I will take a look. Also have a full 2pg motor and rear end that might be available.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:05 AM   #23
Scoobyh409
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Got update on shipping. Pump should be here Tues. Hopefully this will get it running.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:20 PM   #24
ScooterMcTavish
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Good luck - thanks for posting the pics!
ScooterMcTavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:24 AM   #25
Scoobyh409
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Just a quick update. Still waiting on fuel pump, but did get a chance to clean up some stuff on it this weekend. Got the fan cover off the motor and painted it. completely removed the oiling system. Found a rusted out brace on frame I will be replacing. Twelve or so spot welds hold the entire floor pan in. It has been removed after much struggle. The cart is looking like sad at this time, but i am anticipating getting it running and painted. Still keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:24 PM   #26
Scoobyh409
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok, Another random question. The bushing for the rear swing arm, Can I get a replacement bushing? I haven't seemed to find one online. Please by all means let me know if I need to start a new thread on this question.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:19 AM   #27
Scoobyh409
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

ok. Update. Got fuel pump placed back on cart. Primed with air pressure to be sure the fuel pump is not air locked. Still will not run. New plug and checked spark again. Nice blue spark with every revolution. Seems the gas is never getting past the carb. Even after removing the carb again, until I loosened the carb bowl the fuel will not come out of the bowl. Gonna try soaking the carb in cleaner all day and try it again tonight. Any suggestions beyond that?
Old 07-21-2011, 09:38 AM   #28
ScooterMcTavish
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Mine has plugged a few times, so the areas I specifically cleaned were:
- The intake jet that comes from the fuel line
- The feeder screw at the bottom of the carb bowl
- All the jets

Also have to be careful that you don't overtighten the bowl screw when you put it back on - it has a couple of holes that line up with notches in the bowl for fuel to feed through up to the jets. If you overtighten it, it will restrict this flow.

If you do have any crud in the bowl, it is also a good idea to take this out - I buffed mine out with a Dremel and a wire brush.

Also good to check that the float is working properly, and that the spring loaded button on the intake jet is moving freely. If the button pushes in and doesn't pop out on its own, then the carb will never get fuel.
ScooterMcTavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:43 AM   #29
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

After you replaced the pump did you test it by removing the line to the carburetor and cranking the engine? You should now see a series of big healthy jets of fuel. If not then the problem is going to be those wretched crankcase seals.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:01 AM   #30
Scoobyh409
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Pulled the line and getting a very healthy pulse of gas.. Its prolly shooting up gas an inch. My old pump would barely trickle over the line. Will check the carb for all cleared ports tonight. also I may have tightened the bowl screw too much. I will have to check into that as well.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO