lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2012, 12:19 AM   #11
doittoit
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: whats needed to bench test yamaha engine?

Hope pic helps.
doittoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-18-2012, 12:36 AM   #12
sdub1
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Ok, your harness does not like my g9. The engine will need the igniter hooked up to the engines coil and stator to give the correct ignition timing. some engines will need battery power to run the ignition. Someone with more knowledge will be able to give you better information as I am still learning.
Sorry that I could not help you any more.
Sam
sdub1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:51 AM   #13
sdub1
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: whats needed to bench test Yamaha engine?

I think that the black box is an Igniter for a g2. With out that box hoked up the engine will not have any spark. I personally do not know if there is a way to bypass it to get a base timing good enough to start the engine. If you can get a copy of a wiring diagram you will be able to hook it up.
sdub1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:10 AM   #14
doittoit
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: whats needed to bench test Yamaha engine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdub1 View Post
I think that the black box is an Igniter for a g2. With out that box hoked up the engine will not have any spark. I personally do not know if there is a way to bypass it to get a base timing good enough to start the engine. If you can get a copy of a wiring diagram you will be able to hook it up.
I appreciate you're time and ill try looking up g2, mahalo
Old 03-18-2012, 07:24 PM   #15
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Wiring diagram is posted in the stickies above. IIRC its often a white/red wire (but that might be G9) that fires up the ignitor and coil, it needs 12v to run. It is also connected to the start solenoid that one wire from pedal runs everything. I think that is all you need to run it, the small wires on the gen go to a voltage reg to charge batt but you don't need that to run it. The ignitor is like a CDI it retards the timing for starting and advances at higher rpm, from 0 to 30 degrees advance. G9 and G2 are very similar, though a G2 has a rev limit in the ignitor. Ignitor is a black box with 2 bolt ears plastic with a larger plug on the end, iirc the coil plug is very close to that plug on the wire loom. They are expensive and you must have it to run it.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...-diagrams.html
That says red/white wire. When that gets 12v from the pedal it lights up everything and gen runs, ignition is on.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:03 AM   #16
doittoit
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
Wiring diagram is posted in the stickies above. IIRC its often a white/red wire (but that might be G9) that fires up the ignitor and coil, it needs 12v to run. It is also connected to the start solenoid that one wire from pedal runs everything. I think that is all you need to run it, the small wires on the gen go to a voltage reg to charge batt but you don't need that to run it. The ignitor is like a CDI it retards the timing for starting and advances at higher rpm, from 0 to 30 degrees advance. G9 and G2 are very similar, though a G2 has a rev limit in the ignitor. Ignitor is a black box with 2 bolt ears plastic with a larger plug on the end, iirc the coil plug is very close to that plug on the wire loom. They are expensive and you must have it to run it.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...-diagrams.html
That says red/white wire. When that gets 12v from the pedal it lights up everything and gen runs, ignition is on.
thanks alot,i have the igniter pluged in and running the red and white wire to 12volts and its powered up.i got a three prong plug in hooked up thats coming from the clip that vvplugs in to igniter ,and one orange coming fom same clip that im running to coil,but their are two orange wires coming from coil. one orange wire is gold and the other orange wire coming from coil is silver.where do th

Tags
bench, gas, motor, test, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha