lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-20-2012, 11:03 PM   #11
shmo
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 5 pieces of duct tape...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Please read attached.

'Nuff said.

Johnnie, I just read through that link. While I won't argue any of the case, would you agree with me in saying that allowing an unattended 3 year old child to be in, on or around an idling golf cart "may" have played a factor in that accident?
shmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2012, 04:35 AM   #12
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I'm not gonna read the article, but have you had a 3 year old? They are quite a hand-full. Mine (OK maybe he was 4 or 5) had watched his mom drive enough to know to grab her keys when she wasn't looking, unlock the door, start the car, and tried to put it into gear before she caught up to him. Thank god the "safety freaks" made car manufacturers add a feature that requires the brake to be applied before you can shift out of park.

I hate safety devices, and routinely remove. However, I also drove head-on into my neighbor, thinking I was in reverse, because I disconnected my beeper. Now it's connected, but quieted down with electrical tape.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:57 AM   #13
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmo View Post
Personally, I feel much safer in regards to a deleted back up buzzer in the hands of a sane man than I do with a great deal of the home made lift kits and 40mph carts being driven around by children and daredevils....just sayin.
I've been bad...very bad seeing as how I have a 40 mph cart with no back up buzzer..............

TerryH = menace to society
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:28 AM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmo View Post
Johnnie, I just read through that link. While I won't argue any of the case, would you agree with me in saying that allowing an unattended 3 year old child to be in, on or around an idling golf cart "may" have played a factor in that accident?
I'm sure there were several mitigating factors, or the plaintiff would have gotten more than they were suing for rather than less.

The reporter's inadequate command of the English language may have skewed the reader's concept of the situation also. An "Idling" electric golf cart might not alert a rambunctious child's watcher of a potential for mischief, while something as noisy and stinky as an "Idling" gasoline powered cart probably would. (IIRC - It was an electric cart, so it was a benign presence)

Unlike criminal law, Tort law is based on what would a reasonable person do in given situation, the Judge/Jury decides if what was done was reasonable or not.
If you end up in Civil Court because you disabled the reverse beeper, just open your wallet and say take what you want.
On the other hand, if you only quieten the beeper, your lawyer can argue that your actions were reasonable because instead of completely eliminating the audible warning, you only reduced its sound level, which in and of itself, was a safety issue because it distracts the equipment operator's attention from the due diligence needed to safely operate the vehicle. (Hobson's Choice argument.)
You'll probably still lose, but the impact on your wallet might not be as great.

Whether you disable or quieten the beeper, or leave as is, is your choice. Just make it an informed choice.
As wise man once said: Making a decision is easy, it is the living with the results that may be difficult.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:34 AM   #15
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Whether you disable or quieten the beeper, or leave as is, is your choice. Just make it an informed choice.
As wise man once said: Making a decision is easy, it is the living with the results that may be difficult.
That's the point isnt it!
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:36 AM   #16
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
I've been bad...very bad seeing as how I have a 40 mph cart with no back up buzzer..............

TerryH = menace to society
Terry; Your lawyer could argue that you didn't need a beeper because the paint job was loud enough.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:03 AM   #17
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Beeper?Can't hear it over the engine!!!
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:08 AM   #18
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachanga90 View Post
Beeper?Can't hear it over the engine!!!
Mine too. But it keeps me from leaving it in reverse and accidentally starting it up in reverse
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:42 PM   #19
shmo
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I just bought a new John Deere Gator. THANK GOD, it says "rollover or falling off may cause death". That could have been embarrassing. They even put a picture with it so the illiterate people could be aware. The sad thing is, we have all of these warning labels, safety devices and real world concerns....because some people are just that stupid.

With that said, Daytime, night time, loud engine or not. If you weren't able to notice one of these LED lights, you shouldn't be driving in the first place......just sayin.

SHMO
shmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:51 PM   #20
dahur
Getting Wild

Well, I stuffed a piece of paper towel in there and taped it over. Much better.
I never wanted to get rid of it completely, just make it less annoying. Didn't I read on here somewhere it would create an open circuit if I disconnected it?
2007 PDS.
dahur is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO