lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-20-2012, 10:27 PM   #1
Rangerdaniel
Getting Wild

Default Just bought an EZ-Go

Prou d owner of a 95 cart. Runs very well. It has a set of brandn new batteries. I have 2 basic questions:
1. How long before you charge new batteries?
2. How fast should it go up a hill? The cart is very responsive on straight always but really struggles going up hills. It seems to have the torque, not like it's dying but darn it sure slows down.
What kind of drop off should I see going up hills? I am not talking straight up but a gradual slope. Seems like any kind of resistance slows it down.
I would say it slows to walking speed.

Any help is appreciated.
Rangerdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2012, 10:55 PM   #2
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Just bought an EZ-Go

Charge the batteries any time it has been driven for more than 10 or 15 minutes. Charge the batteries if they have been sitting for two weeks without being driven. With new batteries, slight discharges followed by immediate & complete recharges are best. Keep that up for about the first 50 cycles. The closer to full charge they remain, the longer they last.

My stock motor would slow to 5-7mph (top speed on level ground was 10-12) on gradual inclines, if yours is slowing to 2-3mph I would say there is a problem. Are you still running stock cables? Does anything get hot while under that kind of load?
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:30 AM   #3
Rangerdaniel
Getting Wild

Default Re: Just bought an EZ-Go

Okay so I got the GPS on my smart phone to tell me the speed I was going. It was 6 to 7 miles an hour going up hills. And 12 to 13 going around the flat ground. None of the cables were hot after climbing the hills. so I think it is running correctly.
Rangerdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO