lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2012, 06:01 AM   #51
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 build-Why not, right?

Nice build Cj
Dont know how I missed this?

We also bought a Toy hauler, it's kinda a tight fit but we take the cart everywhere.

essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-02-2012, 01:37 PM   #52
cjpowell
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furyous View Post
Good score!

Now how are you supposed to get a beer out of the fridge when the cart is in the way?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Hahaha! I figured that one out as soon as we put her in. It was like "Hmmm, the cart sure looked a lot smaller outside of the trailer!" "Back her out. I need a brew!"
Note to self-load fridge prior to driving G1 in. Come to think of it, load everything before driving cart in!😁
cjpowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:38 PM   #53
cjpowell
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

And thanks-
Old 09-02-2012, 01:41 PM   #54
cjpowell
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
Nice build Cj
Dont know how I missed this?

We also bought a Toy hauler, it's kinda a tight fit but we take the cart everywhere.

Thanks-
Hey, I'm glad you found me.
Like minds...
What kind of toy hauler is that?
Old 09-02-2012, 01:50 PM   #55
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

It's a 2012 Cherokee Grey Wolf 21RR. It really is the perfect solution for just my wife and I. And, our fridge is clear with the cart in there
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:24 PM   #56
cjpowell
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Sweet! We were really limited by my current tow capacity. Had to keep it under 18'. I think this is the best solution for the way we camp now also. I've got a couple of kids in tow, but the travel trailer really makes good use of space. It is quite an adjustment from the 30' behemoth class A motorhome we've had for the last few years. It was a 1995 and getting rather expensive to keep up.
I'm looking forward to the simplification of our travels.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346638859.439607.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1346638990.683515.jpg
Old 09-05-2012, 09:19 AM   #57
LYSSAMAE76
Not Yet Wild

love the work you have done to the cart... we just acquired a G1 for 200 bucks!! runs good except will need a new belt... i noticed the wrap you put on yours... went to their website and they have a bunch of different products... which one did you use?? Also we were thinking of using boat seats from Walmart as well as ours only came with one seat.. did yours attach pretty easily??
LYSSAMAE76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:05 PM   #58
cjpowell
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346889925.363274.jpg
Old 09-05-2012, 07:18 PM   #59
cjpowell
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYSSAMAE76 View Post
love the work you have done to the cart... we just acquired a G1 for 200 bucks!! runs good except will need a new belt... i noticed the wrap you put on yours... went to their website and they have a bunch of different products... which one did you use?? Also we were thinking of using boat seats from Walmart as well as ours only came with one seat.. did yours attach pretty easily??
Thank you for the kind words and congrats on your cart find. What a steal!
I bought the wrap material on EBay through a seller called Metro restyling. The "print" is urban camouflage orange. It comes in large or small pattern camo. Mine is the large print.

I put a closer picture of the wrap above. I like the camo because it easily hides the imperfections of my novice application.
As for the boat seats-I have two Walmart boat seats in the bed of my cart. Simple as drilling holes in line with the bolt pattern on the seat. I did not have anything under the bed to impede the mounting. My main seat is a generic golf cart bench seat. I picked it up for $50 (I think) on Craigslist. You can find the bench seats brand new for $100 and up. I almost bought one on EBay. Northern Tool sells one for $100.00 also. Go to their web site to see it. Cabella's catalog also advertises a bench seat made for the back of a UTV that I considered using. It was pretty reasonably priced. I've got my old seats if you live in Central Fl. You can have them. They need to be recovered desperately though.
Now-Let's see a pic of your
G1!
Old 09-05-2012, 07:25 PM   #60
cjpowell
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346890898.860217.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1346890978.289578.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1346891001.326749.jpg

A close up of the camo wrap.
The first seat I tried on her was from our old G2. I sold it so I had to put it back on her. The blue seat is what I have on there now. I painted it black with "vinyl paint". It's good stuff.

Tags
gas, orlando, rebuild, utility cart, yamaha g1
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha