lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2012, 01:53 AM   #1
GR8Dane
Not Yet Wild

Default Best Pit Cart for MX Racing

Hey guys.

Looking for a little help for a total cart newb.

Me, the wife, two kids and a dog race motocross a lot. We're getting tired of walking all around the track, especially when it's far or blazing hot. I'm hoping to find a four seater that we can use to just get ourselves down to the line from the camper with minimal hassle. This cart needs to be able to go up and down dirt roads around the track, but it doesn't need to be 4WD as it won't be on the race course. Here are my basic requirement thoughts:

1. 4 seats
2. Small: This needs to take up as little room in the back of the Toy Hauler as possible. I don't even care about having a place to put feet down on the back if it saves room. Even the roof is optional as far as I'm concerned. Do they have fold-up back seats to save space?
3. Lightweight: See #2. This thing will travel 15-20k miles per year. Less weight = less fuel.
4. Powerful: Needs to be able to lug four of us up a dirt road alongside a track which can be pretty steep. Of course we race so we like speed, but that's secondary.
5. Easy to maintain. It's enough work keeping 10 motorcycles running. I needs something I can rinse off with a hose and plug-in for charging.

On my local classifieds I'm seeing "tricked out 2003 club cart" and "customized 2004 ez-go" ranging in price from $3350-$4500. These look nice and cool but still seem really long. Is there a way to chop these things down easy? I really need the space for bikes.

Thanks!
GR8Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO