lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-29-2012, 08:37 PM   #1
Jmpserve
Not Yet Wild

Default Light Kits for G1

I was just given a Yamaha G1 and I have been looking for a headlight/brake light kit for it. I cannot find one anywhere. Is there a kit out there made for the G1?
Jmpserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-30-2012, 06:49 AM   #2
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: Light Kits for G1

No.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:55 AM   #3
floridaracerx
Not Yet Wild

with all the aftermarket lights out there i'd suggest making up your own kit anyways.. if you need turn signals it will be more complex, but to setup headlights and some "always on" rear brake lights it would be very easy.
floridaracerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:16 AM   #4
Jmpserve
Not Yet Wild

I took your advise an put some driving lighs on the front and found some inexspensive brake, turn and parking lights. Cost me 1/2 of what kits sell for. Now I only need to figure out how to hook up a brake light switch. Any suggestions?
Jmpserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:01 PM   #5
floridaracerx
Not Yet Wild

drum brake motorcycles usually use a plastic "pull" type 2 wire switch for brake lights. could get one cheap and put it under frame where brake lever pulls on cables. mount it up with a spring between it so when you push on pedal it pulls the switch out and spring prevents over pulling the switch..

i'm sure they are all different, but just figure out if it opens a circuit or closes a circuit and wire accordingly.

something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-VT-110...796162&vxp=mtr

Last edited by floridaracerx; 10-02-2012 at 12:03 PM.. Reason: added auction of example item
Old 10-04-2012, 09:15 AM   #6
jdavis184
Not Yet Wild

I just purchased a universal brake light switch kit, and read somewhere you could hook it up the the key switch so it was only on when the key was turned on, that way it wasnt on when the parking break was set! Would that be true?
jdavis184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:32 PM   #7
nwarren9
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I have been told this can be modified to fit. I am going to try one this winter.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120714662508...84.m1423.l2649
nwarren9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:41 PM   #8
nwarren9
Gone Wild

Yamaha

g1 headlights.jpg
nwarren9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:53 PM   #9
floridaracerx
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavis184 View Post
I just purchased a universal brake light switch kit, and read somewhere you could hook it up the the key switch so it was only on when the key was turned on, that way it wasnt on when the parking break was set! Would that be true?
if you have all the lights to one switch you could choose to have lights off or on at anytime you please regardless of key switch

with the g1 the switch is used also as forward or reverse, so its slightly more complicated then a normal on/off switch.

i'm in the middle of wiring up my g1 with headlights and rear "brake" lights (just running lights in reality, but will keep cops satisfied if they see me on the road).
my plans are for one main switch to power all lights.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha