lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-26-2012, 02:00 PM   #11
Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery Charger/ Winter Storage Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewis46580 View Post
Leaving it plugged in should not hurt the cart (as many people do). The QE chargers are NOT a maintain charger, meaning it will not kick on by its self when needed for a charge. I always recommend to my customers to unplug, and plug back in once a month to keep electrolite levels up in the batteries. Also, with your PDS vehicle, make sure you have the TOW switch flipped to tow when storing for long periods of time. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info. I might be over paranoid about leaving the charger on it. We have had two local courses have their cart sheds burn down in recent years. But, I just realized that I keep four batteries on my houseboat with a battery maintaining charger on them 24/7/365 and have done so for 11 years with no issues.
Rickochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #12
Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
I found this owner manual or brochure for a QE 915-3610 on-line a while back. It is hard to read due to the miniscule size and I'm not sure if it applies to any QE other than the 915-3610, but the highlighted paragraph indicates the charger re-initiates a charge cycle if the voltage drops below a predetermined point or 30 days have elapsed.

I also attached the entire manual without anything marked.

----------
The QE is non-repairable, so when it fails, replace it with something that can be repaired.

I use the 36V version of the DPI charger shown here: http://www.cartsunlimited.net/48v_Battery_Charger.html

IT goes into a float charge mode after the regular charge is finished and keeps the batteries at about 39.5V, which is well below the gassing stage.
Of course, some gassing occurs, but it isn't the "Boiling" type that occurs at 42V and above.

The charger stays plugged into AC power 100% of the time and in general terms, it is plugged into my cart when I'm not driving it.
I've had the DPI about six months and from what I can tell, it is designed for continuous unattended operation.
Of course, I will be checking water levels periodically this winter.
Thanks for the info Johnnie.
Rickochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:07 PM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewis46580 View Post
Was just trying to help, not trying to say one thing, or person, is wrong, just what I've seen and had my hands on.
Me too, just trying to help.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:04 PM   #14
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickochet View Post
thanks for the info. I might be over paranoid about leaving the charger on it. We have had two local courses have their cart sheds burn down in recent years. But, i just realized that i keep four batteries on my houseboat with a battery maintaining charger on them 24/7/365 and have done so for 11 years with no issues.
24/7/365.25
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:58 PM   #15
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
24/7/365.25
I hate it when he's right.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO