lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-22-2012, 11:59 AM   #11
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: I Need EZ GO rear spring to axle clamp

Yep,Use 1-3/4" trailer-spring perches and a set of u-bolts.The perches should be at least tack-welded to the housing,but if not,they should be fine as long as the u-bolts are tightened properly.I forgot about the shock-plates on those,never really messed with a TXT-rear.But that will get your stock-shocks back on.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-22-2012, 09:37 PM   #12
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Shipping is a little slow right now in general and I am pretty sure the EZ-Go plant/parts are shut down this week. If you need it back quick then perches it is..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:41 PM   #13
ThatGuyJake
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvkersh View Post
Put the shock mtg. plate on top of the springs, the shocks will have their normal reach. Use grade 5 bolts instead of the square u-bolts the factory used. I you don't have time to order the part, then a trip to tractor supply for perches and u-bolts will be in store.
I know this is a resurrection from almost a year ago, but I had both of my clamps break and I wanted to go to something more solid. Do you have any pics of the U bolt set up? I want to make sure I've got everything in the proper order. I flipped the axle on my ezgo last year and those forged clamps broke all to pieces. I already have the spring perches from TSC...just want to make sure I've got it planned out correctly.
ThatGuyJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:01 PM   #14
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Sorry no pics but you should have two u-bolts that go around the axle and up on either side of the spring and the placement order will be axle, perch, spring and then the shock plate on top with the u-bolts coming up through that.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:05 PM   #15
ThatGuyJake
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Sorry no pics but you should have two u-bolts that go around the axle and up on either side of the spring and the placement order will be axle, perch, spring and then the shock plate on top with the u-bolts coming up through that.
10-4, that's what I was thinking. Do you guys tack the perch on? My littler welder isn't cooperating with me right now, so I'll have to take it to a shop if it needs to be welded. Thanks again!
Old 10-22-2013, 03:12 PM   #16
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I never have but I have always used a normal lift kit.. Not sure why you would have to. The axle is also bolted to the engine support frame which should keep it from spinning.
Old 11-02-2013, 03:43 PM   #17
ThatGuyJake
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok, got the u bolts with the spring perches all on. Just wanted to post a pic in case it helps someone else. My only issue is not being able to attach the rear shocks...but I'm not sure they were doing a whole lot for me anyway. I may fix the stock tie plates for the holes to line up at some point, but this is what I've got for now. With the shock perches it gave me a little more rake than before, but I kinda like it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4324.jpg (193.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4322.jpg (178.8 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO