lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-10-2013, 02:49 PM   #31
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: k&n for marathon?

i feel mine bogs too...not sure tho as ive never had another 2 stroke cart before..my wrist pin or ? rattles quite often,and the muffler has a baffle loose inside that rattles a lil..
but,i feel this thing is original so i wont complain..i feel after driving mine for 2-3 hrs is seems to loose a lil power but i think its because the engine is hotter and the carb is getting the hot air like"ghall"was talking about..
makes a lot of sense to me,being a small block chevy guru for yrs..
i also have had no brakes since i had it but just fixed them..brakes are nice
sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-11-2013, 07:44 PM   #32
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

not trying to trash your thread dmontgomery,,but learned sumfin today..installed a snorkel for cleaner cooler incoming air,,used shop vac hose i been using for stuff for yrs..just the right length.
well,i runs like crap and sounds more like the exauhst coming out of the air filter lol..but serious,it kinda sounds like a big rig turbo..sounds cool but not sure i like the noise..and most of all,it dont run like it did before at all..not really even drivable unless i hold the choke half way..
i adjusted the air screw on the carb from 1/2 turn at bottom to 3 turns out in 1/2 turn increments and didnt fix it..i guess its getting too much air?
maybe i need to restrict it..not sure if a bigger jet would help either?i will post in my thread and see if i can get some help..just wanted to share wid ya
hope i dont hav to change what i did..

Old 02-11-2013, 08:35 PM   #33
Dmontgomery
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Something that looks that cool has to work! I messed with mine Saturday and my wife and kids took off on it for a hour or so. Then yesterday I drove it for about 2 hours....ruthlessly. over ditches, out on the hardtop. I guess for now im satisfied. The k&n made mine louder too, but it gave me more power and it just runs a lot healthier. Im up in the NC mountains so maybe the elevation has something to do with it. Ive been going at this thing for about 6 mos. Just put in a new car battery. Hopefully now all it needs is driven! Oh and I smoked my brother-in-law on his new mule, that made me feel a little better! *
Dmontgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:38 PM   #34
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

mine worked great under the seat even with all the heat..weird how it wont run now worth a crap lol..too much air i guess..will tinker with it tomorrow
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO